The Origins of Linux - Linus Torvalds

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
A very interesting listen. I had only read a few quotes by L and read a bit about him in articles before I listened. He comes across as a really nice guy. :D

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The Fins are generally very nice people.
The thing I like about Linus is. When you watch his interviews about him talking about Linux, he comes across as making Linux was as easy as opening a can of coke

Last edited:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Ah ha the Finn's. Not had a great deal to do with them but I recon they is fairly strange folk. In the nicest possible way of course. :lol:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I have a few Finnish friends. And the thing about Fins is they tell it how it is and are pretty blunt and straight to the point.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I hadn't even heard of Finland til 2007 :confused:

If there's one thing in a Finn's blood it's driving. All that snow, you see...

I figure there will be a certain Forum member along here shortly ;)

When I want to chill for 85 minutes I shall watch the article, thanks for the link.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Bill Gates loves Puppy Linux and is a regular on the forum of Puppy Linux. He posts just like anyone else. :nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That is a wind up, right :confused:

Nah, it's true, he's always banging on about reducing the world's population by introducing contraception via mosquitos.

Straight up pal, would I lie to you? :confused:

Here puppy, here puppy, here little puppy.... 'The Poodle bites, the poodle chews it'

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Nah, it's true, he's always banging on about reducing the world's population by introducing contraception via mosquitos.

Straight up pal, would I lie to you? :confused:

Here puppy, here puppy, here little puppy.... 'The Poodle bites, the poodle chews it'

Youms never ever tell lies matey
tease.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not another vid dedicated to Linus though he does appear in it . This is more about how GNU/Linux became a reality and helped to protect our freedom.

It is long but well worth a look and listen. A first class offering.

!

:cheers:

Ask a Question