The Next Computers

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Next up on the horizon - Quantum Computers. HERE

No, not just a binary system with 0 and 1 as values for the bits but we will have qubits which can have a value of 0 and 1 at the same time. :confused:

No, I don't understand it either but there again it is quantum physics. :D

All the best to the future development. :) Maybe we will all have one on our desks anytime soon.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I was reading about that earlier - very interesting stuff. It their predictions for completion are correct then the next decade or so could be revolutionary for computing.

I made a post about it earlier on Twitter and have had someone from the BBC get in touch asking if I want to speak to them about it! The other person they have got in touch with was Prof Brian Cox...!! Lol. Very flattering but I think Brian would be a better candidate ;)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
"which can have a value of 0 and 1 at the same time."

@nivrip are they being made by Trump Industries ?

@Becky Go for it. You are after all co owner of a respected technology information and help site. Also a view point from outside the scientific world would be most useful to almost everyone. :cool:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A new operating system will have to be invented, can't see Windows being of much use.

:user:

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
wavesorparticles.png

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Maybe better not to observe you, Urmas.

Then you can go to both washrooms at the same time.

:D

Ask a Question