The most expensive Chartwell LS3/5a speakers bought on Ebay!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Another Chartwell offered on Ebay!

Looks like the sellers and buyers are busy again with another Chartwell on Ebay, the price is absolutely crazy sice there is still plenty of time before the auction comes to an end about 6+ hours later.

Chartwell at Ebay

Reaction score
The ultimate Speaker, perhaps. The Chartwell LS3/5A

I was the owner of a pair of these until two days ago (since this quote). I sold them to a buyer in the States. They were listed as a BIN on Ebay and sold within 4 hours at what I thought was a giveaway price of $1999. As they have now been packaged and shipped, I mourn my loss; firstly following the sale I had an enquiry to buy them at $3000 immediately from an Asian buyer "as is", but more that I know that having experienced these there is really nothing that will ever, ever compare.

And frankly that is all to say where these speakers are concerned.

Reaction score
Chartwell PM100

I am selling my pair of PM 100's on ebay, and my brother is thinking of selling his LS35a's seems to be lots of interest at the moment

Reaction score
Hi, if your brother wanted a quick sale I might be interested. I'm a Brit living in Chicago but my brother lives in Windsor. All the best otherwise.

Reaction score
Hi you can email me direct at E-Mail address deleted to protect poster from spam. Make some more posts each to qualify and then use the forum's private messaging facility - FBS cheers mart

Reaction score
Surfing on eBay, got a general idea about how valuable LS3/5A's are, then got here since I also have a pair of Chartwell's Teak 15ohm, together with QUAD 34/306.

18 years ago I got this pair from an electronic geek's basement in Oak Park, IL. He had at least thousands of speaker units and tubes. This pair was seating there and I got them for $300 USD. My friend back then also was looking for his dream system. I got whatever my friend's leftover including QUAD's. He took his Exposure pre/power amps and Epos speakers back to Taiwan after school and I stayed here until now. But before he went back, I got a chance to listen to Naim, Linn, Rockson, etc.. while I stuck with whatever I got and refused to spend more since I was just a foreign student and I was very happy with my system. And I never upgrade until now.

Just had a bit craiglist and eBay fever after my neighbor sold me a Yamaha receiver/cassette deck+B&O redline speakers for total of $50. The receiver had some problem so I went to craiglist to get a used Marantz entry-level 7.1 for $85 instead, mainly for watching movies. They just don't match the QUAD/Chartwell a tiny bit.

Well, just have fun to boast myself a little bit. Perhaps no one will come back and look, including me, hehe:fool:.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Well, just have fun to boast myself a little bit. Perhaps no one will come back and look, including me, hehe:fool:.

Well I did read your post and proved you wrong when you said "Perhaps no one will come back and look"

:D

Ask a Question