The most expensive Chartwell LS3/5a speakers bought on Ebay!

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I was not aware of this automated system on ebay, that surely sounds great. I think it may finally be yours :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sorry to be an old grumps but won't the seller now just get one his mates to bid for around £148.00?

I didn't know about that bidding system either, I missed a pre-amp recently as I was out when the auction ended, a Rotel model which sold eventually for £40.00. A bargain, imo.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Flops,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread the seller is new to ebay, at least his account is, there is also no feedback which is obvious. Someone on the forum had said that to deal with sellers on ebay one needs to check the sellers reputation, the only way is through feedback. I just hope the guy is sincere and will deliver when called upon to do so. I am as grumpy as you are, if that helps :D

How about your amp? Did you look it up?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
How about your amp? Did you look it up?

No, not yet. Had to buy a new Fax machine today as the old model (a Philips) kept playing up. It was only two years old but kept spewing out error messages and when I checked with a supplier if they'd received their fax, they hadn't, although it appeared to have been sent.

So now I'm the proud new owner of a Sharp Fax/Phone/Answerphone machine that prints using a black inkjet cartridge, as opposed to one of those ribbons. Seems good so far.

So that's dented the budget a bit :( But, a fax machine is important to me, I get orders from faxes.

I will seek an alternative supplier for the NAD amp in black, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Sorry to be an old grumps but won't the seller now just get one his mates to bid for around £148.00?

I didn't know about that bidding system either, I missed a pre-amp recently as I was out when the auction ended, a Rotel model which sold eventually for £40.00. A bargain, imo.

They won't know I've used an automatic bid, all they can see is that I have bid £122 - they will have no idea what I am prepared to bid up to.;)

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
Flops,

As I mentioned earlier in the thread the seller is new to ebay, at least his account is, there is also no feedback which is obvious. Someone on the forum had said that to deal with sellers on ebay one needs to check the sellers reputation, the only way is through feedback. I just hope the guy is sincere and will deliver when called upon to do so. I am as grumpy as you are, if that helps :D

Your right Quad, you have to be v.careful and rely on good feedback - in this case I'm not worried as the amp has to collected from his house in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. I will pay him cash after I have seen it, and whilst I'm there I can visit my folks who live a few miles away!:)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Your right Quad, you have to be v.careful and rely on good feedback - in this case I'm not worried as the amp has to collected from his house in Shrewsbury, Shropshire. I will pay him cash after I have seen it, and whilst I'm there I can visit my folks who live a few miles away!:)

I am really releived to hear all that, cannot be a better deal than this.:thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Adywebb,

So unfortunate that your final bid has been surpassed and with less than 30 minutes to go the higest bid as of now is £155. Only if you were around to take the advantage:(

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I cannot believe what you just did, thats great, keep at it till 180, you should wait now till last minute rater than keep bidding.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
I cannot believe what you just did, thats great, keep at it till 180, you should wait now till last minute rater than keep bidding.

Quad - I'm in an internet cafe in lanzarote monitoring now!!!!:thumb:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Wish you best of from both of us me wife and I - she finds this very amusing :D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Just got it at 185!! - well happy, thanks for the advice and encouragement Quad!

Got to go now and enjoy me hols - Bye all....:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Picked up the Puccini yesterday, and just set it up with my system - its great! - a really detailed revealing sound.

Definately different from my A400, and sounds much better!:thumb:

Thanks for all your help Quad:)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Glad your happy with your purchase Ady, bet it sounds wicked...:p

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Picked up the Puccini yesterday, and just set it up with my system - its great! - a really detailed revealing sound.

Definately different from my A400, and sounds much better!:thumb:

Thanks for all your help Quad:)

You have no idea how hapyy I feel knowing you liked what I suggested. Hope you have many happy hours listening to it :D

Ask a Question