nod.gif
laughingsmiley.gif
:D

user.gif

stupid computer

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Thank you Ady ... you saved a poor man the job of having a long walk off a very short pier ... even if I can swim there is no water at the end of Southport pier but a few quicksand potholes. :D

Well spotted ... and I even went an set the 'clock' to how I like it in Linux and never gave the date a thought. :rolleyes:

Ok, nobody gets banned untill tomorrow ... :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
My pleasure Mucks - glad you is back up and running :nod:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
My pleasure Mucks - glad you is back up and running :nod:
So am I ... I was going nuts.

Lost a whole day though. :mad:

Now I'll re-set the Old Girl back up ... and err, I'll look at the time AND date first.

No idea why it changed? :rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
No Banning

Sometimes even the great ones miss the obvious teehee:lol: :lol:

*no banning...a gentlemans word is his bond *

muckshifter

Reaction score
Rush said:
Sometimes even the great ones miss the obvious teehee:lol: :lol:

*no banning...a gentlemans word is his bond *
I never said anything about a 7 day suspension ... :p

Mucks' great Bloopers ... mark 'em up and we'll do a show. :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
OK you lot ... ALL done, just finished putting the 'Old Girl' back together, still running @ 60C
nod.gif
:rolleyes:

Now we'll see what sort of points we get ... :p

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
no one gets banned tomorrow :thumb: ... I was going nuts. :rolleyes:
So your not nuts already then :p

It is however good that you up & running again and crunching:thumb:;)
user.gif

Last edited:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Mucks - I notice that MJW's points are down a bit - between 500-1000 a day now as opposed to 1500-2000.

Is he now running Boinc/Linux or is it Windows/UD Agent?

muckshifter

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Mucks - I notice that MJW's points are down a bit - between 500-1000 a day now as opposed to 1500-2000.

Is he now running Boinc/Linux or is it Windows/UD Agent?
yep ... cant figure out why.

Using Linux & Bonkit ... it should be churning out the same at least, if not better than Windows.

When WCG changed things MJW threw a wobbly with errors and failures, peeved me off ... I'll be honest here, the version of Windows I was using was err, "giving me trouble" had no option but to use Linux ... it is what I was originally going to use. There are a few 'pending' but it should be ironed out by now.

It may be because I don't have the Linux "enhanced" version of Bonkit ... the Old Girl is using the same and is a lesser specked PC ... :confused:

:(

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
To be honest - I think the windows enhancement we use is one of the reasons why the new HPF2 units are giving us trouble even now after the 'improvements'

I am not going to recommmend it anymore in the future, and to be honest, it only gives increased points in certain circumstances, on most occasions the quorum effect keeps the credit granted way below that claimed especially on high spec PCs - however it probably does help lower spec ones like MJW :(

muckshifter

Reaction score
I wouldn't call MJW a low spec, it is 64bit it should be pretty reasonable ... it is only 512mb ram though, but Linux is very good at not 'loading' any crap.

I'll have a word with my brother and see if I can't get another (free) stick of 512/400 for it ... see if that helps any. :)

Your right about the points ... we is receiving the right claimed/granted points, same as the Old Girl.

It has had some 8-10 hour WU which don't help, I ain't giving up, I'll get it back up to par one way or another. :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sorry Mucks I misread your last post - you were talking about the Old Girl being lesser specced :blush:

Don't know whats wrong with me I'm afraid, everythings going wrong and I can't seem to concentrate on anything at the moment - theres so much stuff I want to post at Crunchers Corner and I just haven't done it - maybe someone more dedicated should take over as a mod and get the job done properly.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Oh no ... you'll do fine as you are ... a bit here, a bit there, won't hurt ... we all, even me, have a life outside this little box. ;)

I may even tell you all about my sisters recent visit from Canada one day, and may even let you all know about my daughter coming tomorrow with my granddaughter. :D

Have a kitkat ... :thumb:

I'll get it right, even if I have to cheat.
user.gif

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Your probably right a kitkat would do me good :nod:

You must be looking forward to seeing your daughter and granddaughter - hope you have a great time :thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
Yep, ain't seen her since she was a baby, well she still is, but a lively walking talking two year old now. :D

I ain't got room in the 'Hovel' so they are staying at my other sisters here in Southport ... only for a few days, but it'll be nice ... and I've ordered in some sunshine for the rest of the week. :thumb:

laughingsmiley.gif

phicksus

Sweet and Innocent
Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Don't know whats wrong with me I'm afraid, everythings going wrong and I can't seem to concentrate on anything at the moment - theres so much stuff I want to post at Crunchers Corner and I just haven't done it - maybe someone more dedicated should take over as a mod and get the job done properly.

I think you do a wonderful job. I know I find answers to stuff here you have posted.
happywave.gif
;)

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
The MJW & WGC

Hello Mucks,
Taught me everything I know about Pcs.
Regards,
Peahouse05:thumb:

muckshifter

Reaction score
peahouse05 said:
Hello Mucks,
Taught me everything I know about Pcs.
Regards,
Peahouse05:thumb:
Well that ain't a lot then ...
laughingsmiley.gif

We have a good few men (and ladies) here who I'll listen to also ... I'm happy to learn something new anyday. :thumb:

Ask a Question