The Link

Reaction score
Hi,

I wish to have some advice about the mobile phone shop The Link.

The story goes about a mouth ago I purchased a mobile phone of there internet website. It was a Sony Eriksson T230. Since I received I have been unable to send text messages. I was able to receive them but sending them was a no.

So I went down to The Link store and I spooked to the manager who spent about half an hour playing around with it and he came to the conclusion that it was broken and I needed a new one, but he had none in stock. So I gave him my number and he said he would ring when he gets them in stock which he said in a couple of days. He even checked that he ordered them and so I left and waited for the phone call and I waited, and I waited and I think you know where I am going with these.

I called them up the following week and they said we still don't have any you will have to wait a bit longer.

Another week went by and still no phone call, so again I called up and they said they are calling there head office to see what to do and that I will receive a call from them very soon. A day went by without a phone call so I called them again and they said the person in charge of your case is off ill:mad::mad: so he will call you tomorrow.

Guess what, no phone call and another 2 days have gone by and still no phone call.

I do believe that they have stopped selling my make of phone and so I think they would replace it with a similar model but I still don't understand why this is taking so long.

So in conclusion any advice on what the link should do to help me or any comments at all would be good.

Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you can manage it, go in the shop every day and ask to speak to the manager. Then, politely, bend his ear hole. Ask him to confirm if your model is still available. Ask him if he's willing to substitute a similar model to the same value. Let him know they've sold you faulty goods and you're entitled to a replacement.

That story about the person dealing with your case is a whole load of bullpoopoo. Anybody should be able to deal with your case. You're obviously being fobbed off.

If you can't get to the store every day, do it as often as possible. If you can't go, phone them up at least every 3 hours, asking if they have a replacement for you. Do not let up.

Hopefully, they'll get fed up and come up with some satisfaction for you.

Or you could always try phoning their head office.

This is the Link. Who are part of a group that owns Currys, Dixons and....... PC World. Nuff said.

Good luck.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
This is the Link. Who are part of a group that owns Currys, Dixons and....... PC World. Nuff said.
To true ... :rolleyes:

Good luck!

Reaction score
pest the buggers, if u dont they wont bother calling you. u must be persistent and you are!

T230? new phone is it? never heard of it! if u mean 630, then ditch it darkangel get yourself a Nokia 6230 i have this one. one word : brilliant!

or even better tell these ppl that ur v upset and distressed and deserver a better phone the best phone at the minute is definetly the Sony Ericsson p610! thats a phone and a half!

good luck

Reaction score
My persistance did pay off.. finally. Instead of me just calling them i decided to go and pay them a visit and all of the sudden there were many applogies and many faces talking to me which was great.

They told me that my phone was no longer being made which i could of told them weeks ago so they are going to give me the next phone up from that. The only one they had in stock was the Sony Ericisson T610. I took it as i was tired of always calling them up and not having a phone that does not work.

So happy ending, kind of but still very bad service.

Thanks for all your help.

Reaction score
darkangel said:
They told me that my phone was no longer being made which i could of told them weeks ago so they are going to give me the next phone up from that. The only one they had in stock was the Sony Ericisson T610. I took it as i was tired of always calling them up and not having a phone that does not work.

So happy ending, kind of but still very bad service.

Thanks for all your help.

id be screwing at them! thats out of order! u went from a supposed t630 to a t610
thats going backwards, fight your case Darkangel!

Reaction score
I didn't start of with T630 i started of with a T230, which they don't make any more.

The T610 is an upgrade from a T230

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
darkangel, I reckon you done good, there's nowt wrong with a T610.

Pleased you got a result :)

I have a Sony Ericsson T610 meself.

Reaction score
anything to do with Dixons or Currys should be .......

The link, dixons, currys, pc world, all the same group .

They are told not to ever give money back only exchanges.

If you buy something from that group and its not faulty they will do evertything in the world just to give you a credit note or exchange.

Avoid !!!!!!

Ask a Question