The laptop - an update

Reaction score
gabriella said:
excuse the lack of capital letters - this sunflower queen is dead tired!!

nahh dont say that!! :)

im sure your very much full of strength and life!!!

:)

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
PSD

If you only knew....I have been working on this laptop since 6pm tonight and to think there were rumours of me being in the pub.....oh just the thought of it!!!!

I am a bit tired TBH working since 8.30 this morning and then home to do some stuff and then sorting the laptp. So, I have been going for almost 15 hours. Anyway, off till Monday which is great!!

Bye for now

Gabs x

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Spooky

Good to hear from you!!!

I was hoping for the week off, but needed to cover some other colleagues - anyway 2 days is better than nothing!! Mind you, I have about 40 hours time in lieu owing me!!

Gabs x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

There are a couple of little tweaks I think I need to do and I would appreciate some help if that's possible.....

Everything is loaded and appears to be OK. The internet connection is stable and will allow access to IE and then to whatever site you choose.

However, when loading the home page on IE (Tiscali), the following appears:

A dialogue box saying 'this page is not available off line' (I am online at this point), so I cancel that.

Then a small dialogue box appears saying 'MailReg 10061 connecton is forcefully rejected' so I OK that.

The on the homepage (Tiscali) a note appears at the bottom l/h corner saying: 'done, but with errors on page'.

What's all that about and are there some settings I need to be changing/tweaking??

Other than that, seems to be absolutely fine to me!!

Thanks

Gabs x

PS I am not working today!!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that error may be something to do with the Tiscali homepage coding - can you try setting www.google.co.uk as the homepage and see if that stops the error when you load it?

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Thanks Ian

Yes, I can do that and will change the home page!

I'll be back later.

Thanks

Gabs x

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi Ian

Changed homepage to google and then to msn.com and both load up fine with no errors and none of the above messages appear. When I changed it back to Tiscali the errors reappeared so I think you were right!!

I think this ends the saga and the laptop can be rreunited with its owner.

Can I just say an enormous thank you to everyone who has helped me with this quest! Your support and suggestions have been very much appreciated and I have learned a lot in the process!

Many thanks

Gabs x

Ask a Question