V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
iOS6 Maps alternative....

Just trying it out, its really good. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread about it i'll post it here.....

So looks like we have something useful to try Passbook on now... I'm going to have to reat the Gf to a meal at the Harvester as there isn't an Odeon around here... :p

Odeon cinemas and Harvester restaurants in the UK are among the first companies to embrace Apple's new Passbook feature in iOS 6.

The cinema chain is allowing people who visit its website to add a 30 per cent off voucher to the Passbook app at the click of a button, rather than insist users install a dedicated app.

Users who opt to add the voucher to their iPhone will be able to claim the money off between Sunday and Thursday until 18 October for any movie excluding Madagascar 3 (don't ask us why).

Meanwhile Harvester is offering money off when diners show the Passbook coupon after visiting the Harvester website. (Visit this link on your iOS6 iPhone)

Apple recently launched Passbook within iOS 6 as a virtual wallet to keep vouchers, airline tickets and store cards in one place. The feature is open to any developer and should save customers having to dig out a specific email or boot up an app.

Up until now only a handful of companies in the UK have used the service since its launch last month. They include Lufthansa, American Airlines, United Airlines and Starbucks.

You can get the voucher, whether you are an iPhone user or not, at the Odeon website.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/47862/odeon-apple-passbook-voucher-deal

EDIT: Thread title updated. :)

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Is anybody else on IOS 6 having battery issues ? With my 3gs in the past I would only have to charge it once a week, now it seems I need to charge it every day if I am listening to music, and the same goes for the other halfs 4s :(

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i went from a JB'ed 4S on 5.1.1 to a iP5 on iOS6 so i cant say in all honesty which is the cause, but my battery on the 5 is much better. Granted it is probably the bigger battery on the 5, but reports are generally good regarding iOS6 battery usage.

The GF has a iP4 and she said the battery is better on iOS6.

What kind of settings in your 'Settings > Privacy > Location Settings > System Services' are active?

Turn off Diag and Usage, Location Based iAds and Setting Time Zone, as they all hit the battery hard.

You can turn more off if you need/want to.

Also, turn on the Status Bar Icon at the bottom of that menu to see the GPS arrow in the status bar when any System services are active. :)

Ask a Question