The Full Moon explanation

Skybuck Flying

Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

Paul noticed I post more stuff when it's full moon, at least according to
him... I am not sure if it's just a joke or a true observation.

But I am indeed feeling more at easy now that it's a full moon, not
completely sure if it has something to do with it but it could.

So here is my hypothesis:

"It's a psychological effect. Humans feel more at easy when it's a full
moon, they will get less quickly surprised during the night by foes."

(The light from the moon does seem to light up the dark street a little bit
;) :) The street is dark since a few days, maybe it's an experiment at
saving electricity.)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

I can vaguely remember reading about the european union wanting to combat
"light pollution" at night.

I does have me wondering what would happen to the electrical grid if all
lights are turned on and off at the same time ?!?

Surely they not stupid enough to do that like that ?!?

Surely it's done "gradually" ?! ;) :)

Maybe if they are stupid this is what killed my pentium LOL.

I plugged it in just as the lights were switching off ! LOL.

^ Crazy theory probably not the case ;) :)

Or maybe this switching on/off creates "transients" ;) :)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Orac

Skybuck Flying said:
Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

That is AMAZING, I always thought we had only ONE moon! But we seem to have
another full moon too!

Sylvia Else

Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

Paul noticed I post more stuff when it's full moon, at least according
to him... I am not sure if it's just a joke or a true observation.

It seems more likely that you'll post about full moons when there is
one. Given that you're clearly inclined to post about full moons, this
may itself be a sufficient explanation for your alleged increased
posting rate at full moons.

Sylvia.

Larie & Wiesje

That is AMAZING, I always thought we had only ONE moon! But we seem to have
another full moon too!

I thought that two NASA probes are on their way to assess if the moon
they're bound for really is full (consists of what materials, anyway).

--
Larie

If I'd put my money where my mouth is, why spend that much on
microphones?

Larie & Wiesje

It makes it easier to hit the target when the moon is full rather than
when it disappears.

{;-)

If that target is on Earth, on a clear night, yes.

If the Moon itself is the target... well ... it's a great leap for
mankind, but only a small step in space.

Skybuck Flying

Amazingly the lights in the street have come on again, and there is some
kind of big machine outside which was apperently used to do something....
maybe dig or replace the lights... don't know what the hell happened to the
lights, maybe the ground connection, or maybe some electrical phenomenon
occured... the street is still somewhat under construction... strange isn't
it... the lights are orange. (I do suspect it is either lightning strikes or
the festival which somehow caused it, or maybe just construction... could be
coincidence ?)

Bye,
Skybuck :)

Skybuck Flying

"
It seems more likely that you'll post about full moons when there is
one. Given that you're clearly inclined to post about full moons, this
may itself be a sufficient explanation for your alleged increased
posting rate at full moons.

Sylvia.
"

No I only recently started to investigate Pauls' observation ;) :)

Can anybody double check his observation to see if it's really true ?! ;) :)

Or maybe it's just google, maybe google likes storing my postings on a full
moon, and throws away the rest ! ;) :)

[...]

Addition:

Well, maybe I should check myself if there is a pattern, because I am the
only person on the entire planet who probably has all my postings nicely
tucked away in windows live mail.

To be able to check if there is any thruth to his observation I would need a
program which would tell me when there was a full moon ?!?

But first I would need to know:

What is a full moon ?

Is it visible to the entire planet as it rotates ? or do different countries
experience the moon differently ? I would think everybody more or less
experiences it the same...

So then it doesn't need to be related to my location...

I just need the dates of when there was a full moon ?!?

Perhaps I will further investigate to see if there are formula's available
to determine when there is a full moon...

And then I can print some dates... and do a first visual examination...

If I wanted to do an automated examination I/my program would need to be
able to read the windows live mail format.

Bye,
Skybuck :)

Skybuck Flying

Another in this sentence means two things to me:

1. Time-wise another observation.
2. Appearance-wise another observation.

To me no full moon looks the same, it's position can be different, it's size
can be different and it's brightness can be different, and the clouds can
also play a roll in it.

Ofcourse we only have one moon ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

"Orac" wrote in message

Skybuck Flying said:
Tonight it's another full moon, a really bright one too.

That is AMAZING, I always thought we had only ONE moon! But we seem to have
another full moon too!

Skybuck Flying

Another interesting question could be:

How was earth when there was no moon ? ;) :)

How important is the moon for earth nowadays ?! ;) =D

What would happen to earth if the moon was gone ?! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

[...]

Further addition:

Well this is interesting, there aren't that many full moons, never knew that
! ;) :)
(At least according to this website:)

http://www.fullmoon.info/en/fullmoon-calendar_1900-2050.html

But I wonder... for example today... the full moon seems to continue
somewhat... again very bright ?!?

So what does this full moon calender mean, do they consider only a few
seconds to be "true full moon" ? Hmm....

Bye,
Skybuck.

Orac

Ofcourse we only have one moon ;)

I have proof that we probably have at least two. Look at the moon, then
close one eye. Is the moon still there? Open your eye again, and now close
the other eye. Is the moon still there? Yes, it will be.

What does this tell us? Well, it tells us that we have either two moons or
two eyes. Since our eyes (if we have more then one, that is) work as one eye
when open, it seems more likely that we have two or more moons.

Pietje & Rietje

Orac said:
I have proof that we probably have at least two. Look at the moon,
then close one eye. Is the moon still there? Open your eye again, and
now close the other eye. Is the moon still there? Yes, it will be.

Maar je weet niet of het wel dezelfde moon is.

What does this tell us? Well, it tells us that we have either two
moons or two eyes.

Dat vertelt het niet.

Since our eyes (if we have more then one, that is)

Dat kun je met je ogen dicht tellen.

work as one eye when open,

Hoe weet je dan of ze allebei open zijn en allebei werken?

it seems more likely that we have two or
more moons.

Niet erg waarschijnlijk.

Orac

Pietje & Rietje said:
Maar je weet niet of het wel dezelfde moon is.

Dat vertelt het niet.

Dat kun je met je ogen dicht tellen.

Hoe weet je dan of ze allebei open zijn en allebei werken?

Niet erg waarschijnlijk.

You have a very keen scientific mind. I'm impressed, Pietje en Rietje.

Euker Doorn

Orac said:
You have a very keen scientific mind. I'm impressed, Pietje en Rietje.

Orac what is there on the hand with you. I think you are really from the
path off now, you talk so strange.

Orac

Euker Doorn said:
Orac what is there on the hand with you. I think you are really from the
path off now, you talk so strange.

I never go off from the path, I only sometimes drive a bent skate.

Rich Grise

Skybuck said:
"It's a psychological effect. Humans feel more at easy when it's a full
moon, they will get less quickly surprised during the night by foes."
Far be it from me to respond to Skybuck with anything approaching reason,
but there has been a "full moon" theory advanced by several researchers.

The explanation is simple. The same amounts of the same events happen
pretty much whenever they happen, randomly distributed over time.

But when people, for example, show up at the ER on Full Moon night,
it's the fact that the moon is full that suggests to them that there's
some correlation.

In other words, more weird stuff doesn't happen, just more people
_notice_ the weird stuff that's actually going on all the time, and
so associate it with the full moon, which is an event in its own
right.

Hope This Helps!
Rich

Euker Doorn

Orac said:
I never go off from the path, I only sometimes drive a bent skate.

Mmmm your English is not really to about to home to writing, I have no idea
what you're saying.