How does volt feel ? How does ampere feel ?

Skybuck Flying

Hello,

I saw somebody mention on a webforum that volt and empere feels
differently... I am not sure if he joking/making it up... or if it's really
possible to feel a difference between ampere and volts ?!?

So far I have had two experiences with electricity which come to mind:

1. Touching the inner metal tracks of a lego-locomotive that used 12 volts
probably... this felt like a current running
through my arms.

2. Static electricity (?) discharge in supermarkt... (plastic summer shoes
rubbing against floor hallway in flat) huge short pain going through arm...
pretty much same thing but much more violent and doesn't shake or vibrate
but feels more like a bang in the arm.

So what do you guys think is there a different feel to volts vs ampere ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

Paul

Skybuck said:
Hello,

I saw somebody mention on a webforum that volt and empere feels
differently... I am not sure if he joking/making it up... or if it's really
possible to feel a difference between ampere and volts ?!?

So far I have had two experiences with electricity which come to mind:

1. Touching the inner metal tracks of a lego-locomotive that used 12 volts
probably... this felt like a current running
through my arms.

2. Static electricity (?) discharge in supermarkt... (plastic summer shoes
rubbing against floor hallway in flat) huge short pain going through arm...
pretty much same thing but much more violent and doesn't shake or vibrate
but feels more like a bang in the arm.

So what do you guys think is there a different feel to volts vs ampere ?

Bye,
Skybuck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

Paul

wilby

Put stripped electrical cord wires in mouth; add salt or mustard to
taste; make sure it is plugged in and power is on.

As a early teenager I watched a friend pee on an electric fence
surrounding a horse ranch. I warned him but he laughed ... for a few
seconds ... and then I got to laugh.

Wilby

Loren Pechtel

As a early teenager I watched a friend pee on an electric fence
surrounding a horse ranch. I warned him but he laughed ... for a few
seconds ... and then I got to laugh.

Mythbusters tried that. No shock.

Shaun

"Loren Pechtel" wrote in message

As a early teenager I watched a friend pee on an electric fence
surrounding a horse ranch. I warned him but he laughed ... for a few
seconds ... and then I got to laugh.

Mythbusters tried that. No shock.

Mythbusters is often wrong. My second cousin pissed on a fence and the
electric fence part was just above it. He got the shock of his life, he
said his balls hurt for days afterwards and he couldn't piss right for a
while. That was 25 years ago. He is now married with kids, so it did no
permanent damage.

Shaun

Shaun

"John Larkin" wrote in message

Hello,

I saw somebody mention on a webforum that volt and empere feels
differently... I am not sure if he joking/making it up... or if it's really
possible to feel a difference between ampere and volts ?!?

You can barely feel a volt, even directly on your tongue. You can sure
feel an amp.

John

An amp through your body will kill you, it will also cause muscle damage and
possibly burning.

Shaun

Top