Testing Motherboards??

RF

I have 3 motherboards none of which work. I guess they went on strike ;-)
None of them look like they were fried.

Is there a reputable outfit around that could hook up these boards and run
diagnostic tests? and do they charge more than the value of the boards for
the testing and/or replacement of a capacitor or two? Or are there any
computer progs that could help out?

I already have a collection of CPUs, fans, memory chips etc, etc. Matching
them up and getting them to run again should keep me out of mischief for a
while :)

TIA

RF

Marten Kemp said:
Check the CMOS batteries, which will also reset the CMOSes.

Test the boards without RAM first. If one complains then
it might be OK, otherwise the board's probably toast.

Thanks Marten for your suggestion. The computer clock is keeping accurate
time so I expect that the battery is ok, but I will check that later and
will also remove the memory chips in the test. I have other interesting news
to post - below.

RF