From: "=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXI=?= said:
Subject: Terminal Server Licensing
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 05:46:05 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps

Hi all

I have a network with a Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 as DC and Licensing Server activated on it. The Licensing
server as well as the Cal's are installed and activated. Our Terminal server is a Windows 2003 Server. When I try to
connect via a TS - client, the eventviewer tells me that he can't find a licensing server. The 2003 server is registred in the
sbs-domain as memberserver, I can see the settings of the licensing server on my 2003 server without any problem

Can someone help me please

Thankx
--

From the "How to Deploy Windows Server 2003 Terminal Services" section of the article below we get the following:

"A Windows Server 2003-based terminal server communicates only with a Windows Server 2003-based Terminal
Server License Server. You cannot install Windows Server 2003 TS CALs on a Windows 2000-based Terminal Server
License Server."

823313 - Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server Licensing Issues and Requirements for Deployment
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];823313

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.