Temporary Licenses Expired

G

Hello !

I have an issue concerning temporary and permanent Licenses.

On our Domain controller we have a License server installed.
Some machines has a permanent licenses but some temporary
Now The license for several workstations has expired and all new machines gets a temporary license.

What is the rule that controls license assignment ?
Why to some machines temporary licenses are applied ?

In the event log I found a event which description is

Description:
Terminal Services Licensing on server ------- has not been activated. Terminal Services Licensing will only issue temporary licenses until the server is activated. See Terminal Services Licensing help topic for more information.

Each time when I wanted to reactivate the Server I received the same message.

Any idea ?

G

I believe all first-time connections (non W2K / WXP) will receive a temporary license - even if a perm is available.
If after the initial 90 temp period the device connects again, a perm license will be issued if one is available. If a perm license is not available connection will be refused.

G

The winterm devices are among those that do require a TS CAL. A permanent license will be automatically issued to this device when its temporary license expires. There is no manual process requred to issue a permanant license to winterms.

G

Hi.

I am experiencing the same issue as SuderMan, where my TS environment is issuing Existing Win2K CAL Tokens for Client PCs, but has issued a mix of Win2K and Win2003 Temporary Licenses for Thin Client devices (predominantly WYSE 3125SE devices).

I am running W2K TermServers, and the LS is on a 2003DC. I think some confusion is coming about as another Admin was running both Win2K and Win2003 TermServers before the LS was in place.

The Temp licenses on the Thin Clients are now starting to expire, and they are not picking up permanent licenses. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Marcus

Ask a Question