TeamSpeak 'on' OS-X

Reaction score
TeamSpeak is a Windows only VoIP application as the codecs are not compatible with the Mac. In order to get it to work on a Mac requires some sort of windows emulation which would be rather resource intensive and reduce the performance of a game running on the same computer.
Would it not be possible to run TeamSpeak on a cheap laptop and access it via remote desktop, mapping the audio channels to the remote computer? So far I have found only Windows Remote Desktop has this audio feature but that would require another Windows computer. For this to work it would have to allow remote access via a web browser.
Is there a way to ‘receive’ audio from a remote desktop like this and indeed send the microphone output to it? I suppose a key would need to be bound to the ‘remote desktop’ for the ‘push to talk feature’.
Obviously the whole thing would work better when both the Mac and the windows PC are on the same LAN. Does anybody know of any software that would facilitate this?

Reaction score
Pass!!

I think you are probably one of if not the only Mac user around these parts... I only have ever used TS on windows... Sorry

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Pass!!

I think you are probably one of if not the only Mac user around these parts
i think Mucks is a ex user...
otherwise not sure what your talking about...:blush:

Reaction score
I use TS, only on windows.

Why cant you just use a windows machine like everyone else?

Ask a Question