taskbar customization doesn't stick for tray for keyboard states

Sheila Hoffman

New system with Vista-Biz installed... I right click and choose Taskbar
properties and then in Icons I have hide inactive icons. I choose customize
and select the icons I do not want to EVER see and say HIDE. Why do I still
see them? For some reason I have 3 little icons for my keyboard indicating
use of the cap & num locks and scroll. I'm using the scroll key a lot as a
switch key for my other comuter so it must think it's active. BUT...isn't
there a way to never display these icons? I've never seen them before in
XP-Pro.

Thanks,
Sheila
HoffmanGraphics.com

KristleBawl

Those items are part of the keyboard settings, not Vista. In the keyboard
settings you'll find one to show/hide each of those icons individually.

KB

"Sheila Hoffman" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Tiberius

Sheila.. those indicators are part of the diver of your keyboard... this is
a laptop right?

Go to start and type in the searchbox msconfig and press enter then go to
the startup tab and try to find out what program is starting up that gives
you those indicators,
uncheck it and restart

these indicators are not necessary..

Sheila Hoffman

Kristle: When I go to control panel Keyboard I don't see any options for
these icons.

Tiberius: It's a desktop not laptop. I went into msconfig but couldn't find
anything at all related to keyboard.

I used this same keyboard on my old XP system and never once saw these
icons. Is it normal for things you set to HIDE to keep showing? This just
seems wrong to me but maybe I'm not totally understanding the concept. Looks
like I may be stuck with these useless icons.

Thanks for your responses.
Sheila

KristleBawl

I used a wireless keyboard and mouse on my Win98SE that was not Vista
compatible. The settings were in the extra software installed with them,
incuding the three icons, caps lock, scroll lock and numbers lock.

Can you get to the keyboard properties by right clicking on one of those
three icons?