Taking food abroad

Reaction score
Does anyone know if taking grated cheese and ham is allowed on flights to Greece?
I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on the web. It says hard cheese is ok but nothing about grated

Ham I'm sure is ok as well as it is all sealed and dated on the pack, is it the same for cheese?

Would make great toasties!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Does anyone know if taking grated cheese and ham is allowed on flights to Greece?

Don't know but if in doubt buy the grated cheese and the ham when you get there. Sure they will be cheap enough in Greek supermarkets. :)

Reaction score
Don't know but if in doubt buy the grated cheese and the ham when you get there. Sure they will be cheap enough in Greek supermarkets. :)
No pal, the sliced ham and stuff are quite expensive. About 2.50euro a pack if I remember correctly from last year. The cheese I don't think I went near anyway because of prices

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score

If you are traveling to a country outside the European Union, you are usually not allowed to bring fresh products. Meat, dairy products, fruit, and vegetables also cannot be brought into EU countries if you are traveling from a country outside the European Union.

If in doubt, don't take anything ... you'll only get disappointed to see it confiscated & or pay a fine!!

Reaction score
I have read that food prices in the EU are very much more expensive than in the UK. Even though we are in the EU our prices for food are quite good.

Ask a Question