tab cycling

G

I'm making a data entry form.
Is it possible to set the tab cycling so that one doesn't have to repeatedly press the tab key to cycle through to the end of a form if there are blank fields in a data entry form?

Example:
Enter data in several text boxes in a row. Then there are several blanks, and I want to go to the next row to enter new data. Instead of tabbing through the blank text boxes to reach the next row, I want to tab, for example, twice, to get to the next row.

S

Stephane

No, impossible. Use the "On Enter" property of your input
fields to obtain this specific behavior.
-----Original Message-----
Is it possible to set the tab cycling so that one doesn't
have to repeatedly press the tab key to cycle through to
the end of a form if there are blank fields in a data
entry form?
Example:
Enter data in several text boxes in a row. Then there are
several blanks, and I want to go to the next row to enter
new data. Instead of tabbing through the blank text boxes
to reach the next row, I want to tab, for example, twice,
to get to the next row.

W

Wayne Morgan

Try Page Down. I'm assuming that by "next row" you mean the next record. If it's just the
next row in the current record, you could use the form's key preview event to set up a key
combination that would move the focus to where you want.

--
Wayne Morgan
Microsoft Access MVP

Roger said:
Is it possible to set the tab cycling so that one doesn't have to repeatedly press the
tab key to cycle through to the end of a form if there are blank fields in a data entry
form?
Example:
Enter data in several text boxes in a row. Then there are several blanks, and I want to
go to the next row to enter new data. Instead of tabbing through the blank text boxes to
reach the next row, I want to tab, for example, twice, to get to the next row.

Ask a Question