Systools.exe

G

Every time I reboot my computer, the first box that pops up on my screen is something that says that systools.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. What is this program and is it affecting how my system runs? Secondly, everytime I run Internet Explorer after rebooting my system, my homepage has reset to this address res://mshp.dll/index.html#10213... why is this happening?

R

roger

Hi Drewskeee,

Every time I reboot my computer, the first box that pops up on my screen is something that says that systools.exe has encountered an error and needs to close. What is this program and is it affecting how my system runs? Secondly, everytime I run Internet Explorer after rebooting my system, my homepage has reset to this address res://mshp.dll/index.html#10213... why is this happening?

For removal of the page, go here:
http://www.pchell.com/support/lookfor.shtml

for systolls.exe look here:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32ronoperg.html

FYI, I don't have that file in my Windows XP Pro.

Good luck

G

Roger, thanks so much for your help!! The information you provided was right on target and allowed me to successfully handle the problem without ever having to leave my home...thank you very very much!! Do you work for Microsoft or how did you manage to answer my question... I just wanted to praise you through your superior if you do work for a support group. Thanks again!

R

roger

Hi Drewskeee,

Roger, thanks so much for your help!! The information you provided was right on target and allowed me to successfully handle the problem without ever having to leave my home...thank you very very much!! Do you work for Microsoft or how did you manage to answer my question... I just wanted to praise you through your superior if you do work for a support group. Thanks again!

:)

You're very welcome. Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad the
information allowed you to correct your problem.
I'm here as a volunteer, like everyone else.

Ask a Question