System Slowdown

O

Ohmster

After installing the MS Spyware beta application, I noticed that my system is slowing down in certain areas. I keep a blank text document in the My Documents folder and put a shortcut to it in my quicklaunch bar. I use TextPad 4.0 to view text files and when I click on this shortcut to a blank text document (I call this blank text document "Scratchpad.txt" and use it as a workspace when I am cutting and pasting.), it always opens very quickly, less than 1 second. After installing the MS Spyware application, when I click on the scratchpad.txt shortcut, it takes several seconds for the Textpad application to open, then several more seconds for the blank text document to open and display itself. This is far too much of a system slowdown for me to use this application regularly and I have disabled it. Now the blank text document opens up in less than 1 second again. I will continue to use the MS Spyware application from time to time for a system scan but will no longer load it with Windows or use real time protection. This is just a field report, not really a complaint where I expect an answer.

Pentium 4 2Ghz
1Gb DDR RAM

B

Bill Sanderson

Thanks for the report--this is a beta test, and there are bugs. Others have made similar reports, and the prevalence of such reports can help prioritize work, I suspect.

After installing the MS Spyware beta application, I noticed that my system is slowing down in certain areas. I keep a blank text document in the My Documents folder and put a shortcut to it in my quicklaunch bar. I use TextPad 4.0 to view text files and when I click on this shortcut to a blank text document (I call this blank text document "Scratchpad.txt" and use it as a workspace when I am cutting and pasting.), it always opens very quickly, less than 1 second. After installing the MS Spyware application, when I click on the scratchpad.txt shortcut, it takes several seconds for the Textpad application to open, then several more seconds for the blank text document to open and display itself. This is far too much of a system slowdown for me to use this application regularly and I have disabled it. Now the blank text document opens up in less than 1 second again. I will continue to use the MS Spyware application from time to time for a system scan but will no longer load it with Windows or use real time protection. This is just a field report, not really a complaint where I expect an answer.

Pentium 4 2Ghz
1Gb DDR RAM

Ask a Question