System restore back to factory original through hard drive

G

i'm not sure if i've phrased this right, but what i need is the commands to restore my system to original factory. i have done this once before with the help of a support phone call. Unfortunately, my warranty has run out and i am unable to get assistance from HP now. Previously they had me press an F key before my windows xp logged on and then gave me commands to enter at the prompt. If someone can please help me re-do this system recovery by command prompt I would be eternally greatful. My email is (e-mail address removed), and i will check back here to see if anyone was able to help. My computer is a hewlitt packard that came with windows xp. I didn't have to install anything, everything was already there, and there is NOT a recovery disk, that is why the help center instructed me via phone on the hard drive recovery. Thanks in advance for any help

Teena

L

Lance Joiner

When you start your computer press F10 (you should see it at the bottom of
the screen).
After the next page loads press advanced on the box in the middle and chose
destructive recovery. Click OK or yes when it asks you if that's what you
want to do.

Ask a Question