System Folder link instead of shortcut... not always available?

G

Hi!
I want to create a "My Documents" folder link in the root of my C drive.

I can create a "Control Panel" folder link easily by naming a folder "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}", even a printers folder with "Printers.{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}".

But I cannot create a "My Documents" folder link just like this, Why?

All I want is a folder linked to the content of the real "My Documents" folder no matters where it is located since it's the document folder of the current user.

Thanks!

ShrimpBoy

J

_ _ J

My Documents.{450D8FBA-AD25-11D0-98A8-0800361B1103}

--
Regards,
Jan
----------

| Hi!
| I want to create a "My Documents" folder link in the root of my C drive.
|
| I can create a "Control Panel" folder link easily by naming a folder "Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}", even
a printers folder with "Printers.{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}".
|
| But I cannot create a "My Documents" folder link just like this, Why?
|
| All I want is a folder linked to the content of the real "My Documents" folder no matters where it is located since it's the
document folder of the current user.
|
| Thanks!
|
| ShrimpBoy
|
|

G

Hi
Did you tried your answer

I had already done this kind of search in my registry and tried this, but it doesn't work, yes it creates a folder that look like "My Documents" folder, but when you open it, it is just a folder like the others, the path isn't "My Documents"'s path, it is the folder itself path

So my question still the same... I want to create a "My Documents" folder link in the root of my C drive. All I want is a folder linked to the content of the real "My Documents" folder no matters where it is located since it's the document folder of the current user

Thanks

ShrimpBoyTheQuic

Ask a Question