System crashed while running office update

mb

I was installing service pack 3 for word 2002 through the office update site
and my system crashed in the middle of it. Now I get an error message
whenever I try to use word or uninstall it. Is there some safe way I can
delete all traces of it from my system and then reinstall?

The message I get is "Error 2711. An internal error has occurred.
[RemoveOPSExtensionFeature ] Contact your computer's product supplier
for assistance."

Can anyone help? Cheers

William Wang[MSFT]

Hi,

I suggest that you use the Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove
Office 2002 registry key manually.

Step 1: Remove Office 2000 registry keys
==========
1. Download Windows Installer CleanUp utility from the following link and
install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/E/9/D/E9D80355-7AB4-45B8-80E8-983A48D
5E1BD/msicuu2.exe

2. After you complete installation, click Start, click All Programs, and
then click Windows Installer Cleanup.

3. Click the Office 2002 entry and click Remove.

Step 2: Delete the contents in the "Windows\Installer" folder
1. In Windows Explorer, click menu Tools, and click Folder Options!-.
2. Select the View tab, clear the "Hide extensions for known file types"
and "Hide protected operating system files" items, and check the "Show
hidden files and folders" item under "Hidden files and folders".
3. Delete the contents in the "Windows\Installer" folder.

Step 3: Delete the following folders manually if they exist:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office9
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Office10
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE11

At last, reinstall Office and the updates.

Please feel free to let me know if this resolves your problem or if you
need further assistance.

Sincerely,

William Wang
Microsoft Online Support Engineer