Sysprep and NIC's (For JeffTA or anyone else)

rsm

I'm using SysPrep 1.1 to deploy Win2k Server images before
Ghosting.

The NIC's are not being configured with the correct IP
address after the SysPrep runs. (All other information is
correct; computername, organization, server licensing,
etc.)

Here is my Networking section on SysPrep.inf

[Identification]
JoinWorkgroup=WORKGROUP

[Networking]
InstallDefaultComponents=No

[NetAdapters]
Adapter1=params.Adapter1
Adapter2=params.Adapter2

[params.Adapter1]
INFID=pci\ven_14e4&dev_16a7

[params.Adapter2]
INFID=pci\ven_14e4&dev_16a7

[NetClients]
MS_MSClient=params.MS_MSClient

[NetServices]
MS_SERVER=params.MS_SERVER

[NetProtocols]
MS_TCPIP=params.MS_TCPIP

[params.MS_TCPIP]
DNS=No
UseDomainNameDevolution=No
EnableLMHosts=Yes
AdapterSections=params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1,params.MS_
TCPIP.Adapter2

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter1]
SpecificTo=Adapter1
DHCP=No
IPAddress=10.10.10.199
SubnetMask=255.255.255.0
DefaultGateway=10.10.10.254
WINS=No
NetBIOSOptions=0

[params.MS_TCPIP.Adapter2]
SpecificTo=Adapter2
DHCP=Yes
DNSServerSearchOrder=10.10.10.60
WINS=No
NetBIOSOptions=0

I'm running this on a IBM x335 server with dual Broadcom
NIC's. I'm ghosting this to duplicate (and I mean
duplicate) x335's... That's all I work with, but SysPrep
keeps defaulting to the original IP that was created with
the Ghost image.

Question is: how can I get the IP data to be configured
correctly through SysPrep?

Scott McArthur [MSFT]

RSM,

See the following KB for info on this issue:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;271369'

Scott McArthur[MS]
Microsoft Windows Server Setup Support