Synchronizing two Outlook Calendars


M

manibusj

Our setup is Microsoft Office 2007 and Active Directory/Exchange Server 2003.
I have a user who has a personal Active Directory/Email account created. We
also created an Organizational Box on the Exchange Server that is shared so
others can schedule appointments. So in his Outlook profile, he has his
personal Calendar and is also viewing the Organizational Calendar. My
question...Is there a way to 1-way or 2-way synchronize the Organizational
Calendar to his personal calendar, which will result in him only having to
view his personal Calendar for appointments? Reason to do this is because he
has a Blackberry and unfortunately, it will only synchronize with 1 profile
at a time. Since we are a highly restricted network, we can't install any
third party tools. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Ad

Advertisements

M

manibusj

To clarify, the Organizational box includes a calendar. This person is not
the only one with access...it is shared out to a secretary who schedules
appointments. So this person has his own personal account w/calendar and
also has the organizational box w/calendar. He would like to 1-way synch the
organizational calendar to his personal calendar.

Diane Poremsky said:
The organizational calendar is in a mailbox? Does only this person get the
appointments?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


manibusj said:
Our setup is Microsoft Office 2007 and Active Directory/Exchange Server
2003.
I have a user who has a personal Active Directory/Email account created.
We
also created an Organizational Box on the Exchange Server that is shared
so
others can schedule appointments. So in his Outlook profile, he has his
personal Calendar and is also viewing the Organizational Calendar. My
question...Is there a way to 1-way or 2-way synchronize the Organizational
Calendar to his personal calendar, which will result in him only having to
view his personal Calendar for appointments? Reason to do this is because
he
has a Blackberry and unfortunately, it will only synchronize with 1
profile
at a time. Since we are a highly restricted network, we can't install any
third party tools. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
 
D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

So the secretary makes the appointments for a single person on this
calendar? Is there a reason she can't make them directly on his own calendar
instead?

There is no way to sync from one mailbox to another without 3rd party tools.
If the calendar was in a mail-enabled public folder, the folder assistant
could forward the appointments to him.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


manibusj said:
To clarify, the Organizational box includes a calendar. This person is
not
the only one with access...it is shared out to a secretary who schedules
appointments. So this person has his own personal account w/calendar and
also has the organizational box w/calendar. He would like to 1-way synch
the
organizational calendar to his personal calendar.

Diane Poremsky said:
The organizational calendar is in a mailbox? Does only this person get
the
appointments?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


manibusj said:
Our setup is Microsoft Office 2007 and Active Directory/Exchange Server
2003.
I have a user who has a personal Active Directory/Email account
created.
We
also created an Organizational Box on the Exchange Server that is
shared
so
others can schedule appointments. So in his Outlook profile, he has
his
personal Calendar and is also viewing the Organizational Calendar. My
question...Is there a way to 1-way or 2-way synchronize the
Organizational
Calendar to his personal calendar, which will result in him only having
to
view his personal Calendar for appointments? Reason to do this is
because
he
has a Blackberry and unfortunately, it will only synchronize with 1
profile
at a time. Since we are a highly restricted network, we can't install
any
third party tools. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated.
 
J

Justin McC

Diane Poremsky said:
So the secretary makes the appointments for a single person on this
calendar? Is there a reason she can't make them directly on his own calendar
instead?

There is no way to sync from one mailbox to another without 3rd party tools.
If the calendar was in a mail-enabled public folder, the folder assistant
could forward the appointments to him.

Does this also apply to my similar problem?
I run two Outlook profiles (Office 2007) on one desktop PC; one e-mail
address with Personal folders etc. for private/family mail and another for
business, BUT I want the Calendar and contacts on each profile to be the
same. Can this be done within Outlook?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The situations are different - he uses Exchange server, you do not. You
can open the PST in both profiles or use one profile with both accounts and
use filters to move the personal mail to the personal pst.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm

Sharing the calendar between profiles is fairly easy - publish it to office
online. It will be read only in one profile though. (See
http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...ring&tid=9345bddc-1f47-4313-9ef8-7c62f4a8a000
if receiving publishing errors. )

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top