Synchronization of calendars

L

Lily Collins

I am using Outlook 2007, Exchange 2003 and MOSS 2007.

I have set up the send/receive settings for all accounts to 5 minutes. However, synchronization of my SharePoint calendar only appears to occur if I open my calendar view (or close and re-open if I am in the calendar view).

Is this how the calendar synchronization is supposed to occur (i.e. the default send/receive settings have no impact on calendar synchronization)?

G

Send/receive applies to e-mail accounts and e-mail, not other types of
Outlook items.

L

Lily Collins

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

In Outlook 2003 there was a default interval of 20 minutes between synchronizing SharePoint and Outlook calendars, which could be amended by modifying a registry setting, STSSyncInterval.

Is there a similar setting that can be used to determine the synchronization interval with MOSS 2007 and Outlook 2007? I can't seem to find anything.

From what I've experienced, calendar synchronization occurs in the following ways with MOSS 2007 and Outlook 2007:

Initial access to Outlook
Exiting Outlook
Press F9
Press Shift + F9
Add/Change/Delete item in Outlook
Open calendar

I would like users to be able to specify a time interval in addition to the above. Is that possible?

Thanks for any insight or guidance.

L

Lily Collins

One thing I have noticed. If you look at the Send/Receive settings dialog box you get the option to select accounts.

I have Microsoft Exchange and SharePoint icons available. If I select the SharePoint icon it says:

"SharePoint lists are checked once during each synchronization interval.

If you manually do a Send/Receive, only SharePoint lists that have exceeded their synchronization interval are checked."

Now I may be mistaken but that seems to indicate that SharePoint lists should be synchronized as part of the Send/Receive.

G

I really don't know. Maybe you will need to repost that question in a
SharePoint forum...

Ask a Question