Synchronising folders won't stop, can't send/receive

caro2au

Hi,

Yesterday, my Outlook tried to synchronise folders and now it won'
send and receive or do anything. I tried closing it and re-opening i
and tried restarting the computer but it still goes back to attemptin
to synchronise folders and still won't send and receive. Ver
frustrating. Nothing like this has ever happened before

caro2au

it's outlook 2003 and yes, 'pop'. i just got wireless broadband and
since then, outlook has been stuffed. co-incidence? who knows.

'DL[_2_ said:
;332765']And what Outlook version would that be with what type of mail
account (pop?)
?

"caro2au" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi,

Yesterday, my Outlook tried to synchronise folders and now it won't
send and receive or do anything. I tried closing it and re-opening
it
and tried restarting the computer but it still goes back to
attempting
to synchronise folders and still won't send and receive. Very
frustrating. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

DL

Locate and run scanpst.exe on your outlook data file (the *.pst) all with
outlook closed
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/77
If still no change; use your Office cd to run a repair
Finally try opening outlook using the safe switch;
Start
Run
outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /)

'DL[_2_ said:
;332765']And what Outlook version would that be with what type of mail
account (pop?)
?

"caro2au" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

Hi,

Yesterday, my Outlook tried to synchronise folders and now it won't
send and receive or do anything. I tried closing it and re-opening
it
and tried restarting the computer but it still goes back to
attempting
to synchronise folders and still won't send and receive. Very
frustrating. Nothing like this has ever happened before.

caro2au

OK, I tried opening Outlook in safe mode, and the same thing happens.

I located the scanpst.exe file and opened it, but don't know where t
find the outlook data file....?

My laptop is maintained by my university, so I don't have the Office C
to run a repair. Guess I need to contact the IT people at uni.

thanks for your help though :)

;332881']Locate and run scanpst.exe on your outlook data file (th

'DL[_2_ Wrote:-
;332765']And what Outlook version would that be with what type o
mail
account (pop?)
?