Sync Time

I want to syn time on all domain controllers. How would I go about this plus
how do I get the most accurrate time availble to act as the offical company
time.

Jerold Schulman

I want to syn time on all domain controllers. How would I go about this plus
how do I get the most accurrate time availble to act as the offical company
time.
All PCs will sync with their DC which will sync with the authoritative time server.

See the follow tip in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

2669 » How do I configure an authoritative time server in Windows 2000?
9712 » How does the Windows Time service guarantee common time usage in your domain?

Jerold Schulman
Windows Server MVP
JSI, Inc.
http://www.jsiinc.com
http://www.jsifaq.com

Jason Tan

Hello,

Thanks for posting!

You may refer to the following article to configure an authoritative time
server .

How to configure an authoritative time server in Windows Server 2003
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;816042>

Hope the information helps.

Best Regards,

Jason Tan

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: "=?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIFNjaG5laWRlcg==?="
<[email protected]>
| Subject: Sync Time
| Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:03:27 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.new_user
|
| I want to syn time on all domain controllers. How would I go about this
plus
| how do I get the most accurrate time availble to act as the offical
company
| time.

Dugie

George Schneider said:
I want to syn time on all domain controllers. How would I go about this plus
how do I get the most accurrate time availble to act as the offical company
time.

There are many time sync programs, which may or may not be what you want for
getting the most accurate time available to then set your domain
controllers.

- Karen's Time Sync 1.1.4. Freeware, works well for me:
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

Haven't tried, but these are alt.comp.freeware suggestions:
- http://www.oneguycoding.com/automachron/
- http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/ntptime.html
- http://keir.net/neutron.html

Dugie