Sync only selected task folders?

bea17

I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to
keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them,
however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is
overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks
into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld.

So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my
handheld?

I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync.

Thank you!

Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

Move the old tasks to a Task folder outside of your mailbox. For example
into a Tasks folder in your Archive.pst folder. Just make a Tasks folder to
drag them into.

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia

..

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

I have a huge file of tasks, some outdated, in my outlook. I want to
keep those tasks so that I can search for things should I need them,
however I do not need them all to sync to my handheld (this is
overwhelming and slows down my phone). I want to move all the old tasks
into a different folder, and have that folder NOT sync to my handheld.

So, my question is, how can I sync only selected folders of tasks to my
handheld?

I am using Office 2007 on a Windows XP system, and I use ActiveSync.

Create another folder with any name you like except Tasks. Create it to hold
Task items. It can be in your mailbox or a PST. Move to it the tasks you
don't want synched. ActiveSync will sync only the default folders. For
tasks, that's only the folder named Tasks.

bea17

I have already made other folders, and it syncs ALL of the folders and
cannot find a way to select only the folders I want to sync.

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook said:
;346020']"bea17" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message
-
[...]

did you make the folders where I suggested - outside of your primary storage
folder, in an archive or personal folder?

--

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia

..

bea17 said:
I have already made other folders, and it syncs ALL of the folders and I
[...]

I guess I'm not exactly sure what you mean. When I open up Outlook,
have various task folders on the left (i.e. work, home, etc). All o
them sync to my handheld, and I want to find some way to, say, onl
sync "work" and leave home on my desktop hard drive and not transfer i
to the handheld.

;346176']did you make the folders where I suggested - outside of you

'Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook Wrote:-
[...]

From the help files...
Create a .pst file in Outlook 2003/Office Outlook 2007 format
By default, Outlook creates a .pst file in the latest file format, which
supports larger files and Unicode character sets. This file format cannot be
read with Microsoft Outlook 97, 98, 2000, or 2002.

1.. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Outlook Data File.
2.. Click Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst), and then click OK.
3.. In the Create or Open Outlook Data File dialog box, in the File name
box, type a name for the file, and then click OK.
4.. In the Create Microsoft Personal Folders dialog box, in the Name box,
type a display name for the .pst folder.
Now you'll have a second folder set. In it, make a Tasks folder. Right click
| New Folder | folder contains Items of type (Tasks).

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook

in Canberra, Australia

..

bea17 said:
I guess I'm not exactly sure what you mean. When I open up Outlook, I
have various task folders on the left (i.e. work, home, etc). All of
them sync to my handheld, and I want to find some way to, say, only
sync "work" and leave home on my desktop hard drive and not transfer it
to the handheld.

;346176']did you make the folders where I suggested - outside of your