Symbols used in excel

SarahN

Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list would be
great.

SarahN

Great. Is there anywhere that has an explanantion of what the symbols are
used for in excel. or what functio the serve.

Thanks

Jim Cone

Each version of Excel has the help file organized a little differently.
Keep that in mind and do an Excel help search for "calculation operators" or some variation of that.
There is a pretty good overview available if you can find it.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"SarahN" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Great. Is there anywhere that has an explanantion of what the symbols are
used for in excel. or what function they serve.

Thanks

bala_vb

SarahN;955164 said:
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the symbols used in Excel
formulas and what they mean?

I am experimenting alot more with excel and having a usefull list woul
be
great.

if you are using excel 2007,
try this, go to insert, choose symbol.... there you find lot o
symbols.

short cut is Alt + I + S (I for India, S for singapore)

all the bes