switching mobile companies?

Reaction score
I'm thinking of changing my pay as you go mobile phone from o2 to another provider as i'm after a better deal, i spend about £20 per month on top up vouchers & calls to land lines cost me 35p per minute, anyone got any ideas who to go with? I'm not really up on who offers the best deals:blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
£20/month? Would a contract not be better if you spend that much - you'd get a free phone too?

o2 are probably the cheapest - thats what I've found so far anyway. Check out this site for to look up the best deals:

http://www.reestitmutton.co.uk/

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've had a contract deal with Orange for ten years now, mostly cos I too lazy to change, costs me around £30.00 a month, but I do use the phone a lot for work.

I do hear Vodaphone are the best UK service, but I don't think they're the cheapest.

That wasn't really much help, was it? :lol:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Like Ian has suggested, you may be better off going for a contract on a free anytime minutes + texts scheme - many of the latest offers give you monthly rental cashbacks and you will get a new phone as well.

Another important aspect is selecting the best service reception for the area you live/work etc, or where you spend most of your time - I'm with Orange mainly because its the only network which gives a good signal where I live, although they seem to be pretty good with their customer service as well.

I also have a work mobile on Vodaphone as well, and that seems to get good coverage in most areas too.

O2 seem to be doing the most agressive deals at the moment, but just check around from sites such as Ian suggested and find the best/cheapest for your needs :thumb:

Reaction score
Vodafone, Orange and 3 suck big time, around here at lease

T-mobile are great

O2 are pretty good, and definatly the cheapest.

I pay £19 a month for an hour of calls (any time X net) and 500 texts. Got a free K750i and Btooth headset too.

Ask a Question