Swiftfox - The browser of choice for Linux

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I have been using Swiftfox for sometime now and very impressed at what it does in terms of speed.

You used opera because it was lean and fast, you used Firefox because it was complete and flexible. What if there is a browser that does not crash like opera and Firefox, is lean and fast, is complete and flexible, is supported through a repository for updates (ubuntu variants and if installed through APT), what would it be called - SWIFTFOX.

Swiftfox is not a new browser introduced yesterday, it has been around for few years, however it is only available for Linux platform.

If you have not tried it yet go ahead and give it a go, you have nothing to loose as it costs nothing, let me warn you though, after using Swiftfox your view on browsers may change for good.

It is by far my favourite browser and I am sticking to it.:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Quadophile said:
I have been using Swiftfox for sometime now and very impressed at what it does in terms of speed.

You used opera because it was lean and fast, you used Firefox because it was complete and flexible. What if there is a browser that does not crash like opera and Firefox, is lean and fast, is complete and flexible, is supported through a repository for updates (ubuntu variants and if installed through APT), what would it be called - SWIFTFOX.

Swiftfox is not a new browser introduced yesterday, it has been around for few years, however it is only available for Linux platform.

If you have not tried it yet go ahead and give it a go, you have nothing to loose as it costs nothing, let me warn you though, after using Swiftfox your view on browsers may change for good.

It is by far my favourite browser and I am sticking to it.:D

It is on my list to try when I get around to Arch'ing :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A little presumptory, that blurb, Opera has never crashed on me.

Come to think of it I'm fairly sure that in 14 years or so IE hasn't ever crashed on me either and if it ever has then I can't remember the last time.

I'll probably try this browser, one of my main concerns is flexibility about importing and exporting bookmarks. This can be done between IE & Opera but not between Opera & Firefox.

Anyhoo, any browser that in it's opening gambit accuses it's main rivals of crashing has already gained a black mark in my book, that's jolly unsporting old chap ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I missed this thread and should have responded earlier, sorry about that.

I have actually had all the browsers crash on me and not just once but several times. I was relating my own experience when I stated those claims.

Ask a Question