SWAT 4 problem

Reaction score
here we go ! lol

installed far cry ... works a dream :D

install SWAT 4 ... cant even get to the main menu !? it says it has installed and everything although when i double click the swat 4 on my desktop it does what it should do and loads the game as it would.

although it doesnt actually show a picture just a black screen, and i cant get out of it, i would have to restart my computer as nothing works !

when the game/ main menu is attempting to load i THINK a pop up thing happens as i can hear it. you know like the error noise. and i can move my mouse and the hand comes up ( the one when u click a link )

ANY IDEAS ?! :)

EDIT : even though there are alot of :D faces even though they should be :( faces is because i just installed far cry !! :D and it is amaizing! but well hard!! :D:D

Last edited:

pikakilla

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
have you patched it?
i take it graphic card drivers are up-to-date?
oh and try and run without any anti-virus running in the background including firewalls

Last edited:
Reaction score
no i havnt patched it ... do i have to before i even try to load the game ??

Reaction score
I recently found that using Nvidia software to force 4xAntialiasing in all games completely screwed up Half life 2. I had to set it back to application controlled again. You're not doing anything like that are you?

Obviously make sure you have the latest drivers, including directX9c and the one for the game (duh) but otherwise just re-install........ You probably could have worked that one out yourself...

Reaction score
i think and pretty much know it is my anti virus ! i installed and played ultimate tournement 2004 ok ... but when i tried to play online the same thing happened ... and when i disable it it works .. havn't tried it with SWAT yet but u may have to register or something the first time u play and it needs to access the internet.

Is there anyway i can get on with out disabling my antivirus!! its norton internet security and as soon as i try and go online it probably says ... so and so wants to connect, what would u like to do, permit, dont allow (recomended) etc etc

i dont want to disable it as playign online is probably when im most vulnerable to threats!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you need to open NIS and select personal firewall on the right it should say configure, the click the program tab and at the bottom add the program and what sort of access it should have

Reaction score
and what should i set it to ??

EDIT: sorry just found out what you mean !! :p

yes well i cant find unreal ?? and i have uninstalled SWAT now ...where would unreal be ? and il try Swat tomorow :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
ok ME u opened some new doors for me ! i never knew that was there and will ( i should hope! ) that my computer will stop freezing when NIS wants to query me with summin !! thanks ME :p

hmmm unreal tournament ... hu plays and what is the best map ??? ... i find it fun although i am lame lol ... and i dont really get it :p ... i hope i will soon :D

Reaction score
men when i installed SWAT 4 it appeares this :
No Label

Crash Time: 10/17/09 20:23:46

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2394 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family (1244)

UserName: Jorge
ComputerName: JORGEPC
Application location: C:\Jorge programs\Games\Swat 4\CRACK\

SWAT Build Number: 34688

Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file 'Entry'

what to do??? pls tell me this quicly if you can :(

Reaction score
Uninstall & reinstall and see if that helps.
Check that the disc is clean & no scratch's on it etc.

Ask a Question