svchost.exe- another application error

M

misskittyim

All of a sudden I started getting this popup message.

The instructions at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The
memory could not be "read".

My OS is Windows XP Home SP3.

I would appreciate all the help I can get. I have lost my Internet Options
and numorus other apps.

I have looked every where and can find nothing.

Reaction score
Same issue

I've got the same issue except worse. Here are the errors listed when I reboot:

The instructions at "0x75606eb5" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The memory could not be "read".

The instructions at "0x7564d383" referenced memory at "0x00000060". The memory could not be "read".

The instructions at "0x77600856" referenced memory at "0x00000080". The memory could not be "written".

I'm unable to access the internet. Windows appears to be stuck in "classic mode" and system restore will not work. I also have no sound devices.

I'm not sure what's up. Please don't tell me that I need to reinstall windows. That would suck! Hope it's not a virus or maleware issue.

I run Windows XP Media Edition on a Dell XPS 400.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Reaction score
svchost.exe error

I am getting the same svchost.exe application error. I did nothing in the last few days to my system to invite this. I know these errors are commonly associated with MS automatic updates. I am not sure if any we pushed out this past Tuesday.

I have the following errors
0x75606eb5 referenced memory at 0x00000008
0x7752b2ce referenced memory at 0x00000008

I cannot connect to the internet. I tried updating Windows Update Agent Installer. Do I need to re-install windows? I am at a loss. Any help would be much appreciated.

dell 8400
WIN XP HOME SP3

Reaction score
Svchost.exe errors and others reported

I had same problem. Nothing worked but then I saw another chat that suggested using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which I did but it wouldn't work. You had to change the name mbam.exe to something like gogetum.exe. I read about Microsoft's Malicious Malware Software removal tool which is MRT.exe in C:\Windows\System32 but it too wouldn't work until I changed the name to TRM.exe. It found the virus and I am now back working again. Make sure to run a full scan after the quick scan. The virus that caused all these problems for me was Trojan:WinNT/Alureon.C. Microsoft says that you need to keep your normal AV as this is just a quick fix. Also make sure to run Microsoft Updates afterward.

Good luck to all.

Ask a Question