Supect Spyware Report tool

This is not working. When I tried to report possible
spyware It scanned my system then failed to send report.

The errror was that occured while trying to send the
report please check you proxy setting.

LOL Please If my proxy setting had been set incorrectly
not only would I not beable to write this message, Not
only would my browser not be able to connect to my
favorite sites of choice to pick up spyware to report on,
But I would not have been able to update the software or
download the software to start.

I would like to stress that you can fool some people some
of the time but you can fool everyone all of the time.

Sorry If I seem as though Im ranting but to sudjest such a
laughable excuse for a broken feature is just to wrong.

Tyrone Kennedy

I think you mean
" An Error occured while trying to send the
report please check you proxy setting".

And

I would like to stress that you can fool some people some
of the time but you can't fool everyone all of the time.

Btw You are right in the fact that this feature of the
software dose not work as planned IMO.

Spider

1/26/2005 5:20:19 AM
(e-mail address removed) wrote in message
This is not working. When I tried to report possible
spyware It scanned my system then failed to send report.

The errror was that occured while trying to send the
report please check you proxy setting.

LOL Please If my proxy setting had been set incorrectly
not only would I not beable to write this message, Not
only would my browser not be able to connect to my
favorite sites of choice to pick up spyware to report on,
But I would not have been able to update the software or
download the software to start.

I would like to stress that you can fool some people some
of the time but you can fool everyone all of the time.

Sorry If I seem as though Im ranting but to sudjest such a
laughable excuse for a broken feature is just to wrong.

Hmm, if the software is broken, I wonder why it works for me? Just
another of lifes ponderable questions.

Spider
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/spider1
http://spider1.blogspot.com/

Ox

I am unable to use this feature either. I have looked at
all the other threads and none are helpful.
If you had this problem about not being able to send a
report in and found the solution please e-mail me, thanks.

Frustrated,
Ox

Jason

I had the same problem and got the same exact message
when trying to report the constant "DSO Exploit" found by
SpyBot S&D. I also was able to connect to the internet,
so it's not my proxy setting. How does MS expect to
build this great "user community" if we can't report
suspected problems to them?

Bill Sanderson

There's no need to report the DSO Exploit issue. This is caused by a bug in
Spybot Search & Destroy, rectified in the newest beta release of that
program. There's nothing that needs to be done.

Some machines can use this reporting function, others definitely cannot, and
I don't have a fix to offer, I'm afraid. The function is not broken for
everyone, though.