SugarSync

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just downloaded the latest version of CCleaner.

In the Tools>Startup section there is a new tab, Context Menu. On it I've found two entries named SugarSync. When I search for this using the search facility nothing comes up. Nor is there anything about it in Computer>Program Files.

I've googled it and it's something to do with syncing between mobile devices and the PC but I've not put it on the system.

Anyone heard of it or know any more about it? Can I delete it?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You don't just "delete" things, uninstalling will cause less bother.

Have you ever attached a "smarties" phone to your PC?

smarties is a word I use for a smart phone, like that idiot phone. :)

If I were you, I'd uninstall CC and play a game or something.

:user:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Uninstalling is not an option. SugarSync does not appear on the Add/Delete Programs in Control Panel.

As part of the Startup the only options are Enable, Disable (which I have done) and Delete.

I haven't been attaching a smart phone to the PC but now I remember that one of my daughters did !!!

Kids. :rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
ah, yes, and it seems that you cannot uninstall this "software" in the conventional manner if you didn't "load" it in the conventional manner. Uninstalling the "software" that installed sugarsync will not uninstall that program either, to me, that's a virus act.

Look for a sugarsync folder, it just may have it's own uninstaller, if it is being nice that is.

Otherwise, seems you, or shall I say, the person who was allowed to feckup your PC, has to remove your PC from their "account". :rolleyes:

I think in this case I'd actually say, use CC to remove this crap from your system. Is better than trying to talk you through a manual uninstall.

You will be pleased to know, however, that any data stored on this "cloud" will be deleted in a months time thro' inactivity.

don't forget to, Shoot the Children! :)

Ask a Question