Suddenly, my Roxio burner is crashing

G

I was using Roxio's Easy CD & DVD Creator 6 with my XP, and things were smooth. I don't know the reason why, but since two or three weeks ago, it started displaying an error message at times whenever I attempted to use the Creator Classic option. Normally, I would try one or two more times and it would function again normally. But now, the software is crashing every time. I mean, the splash screen with the menus is working alright, and so are the other burning options (duplicating discs, creating photo albums), but whenever I choose the creator classic option, the following screen appears: "ctactend: M0 L65 F0 P6x ErrorCode=0" and the only option left is "Accept", which leaves nothing but the menu bar open.

I have tried to use restoration points to get back to normal, but the computer states that the process cannot be done. I had also uninstalled and reinstalled the software, to no avail. Any ideas of what could be going wrong or what could I do to solve this

Note: Might be a coincidence or not, but at approximately the same time, my speakers have gotten this ugly echo distortion on top of every sound that gets out of my computer. Really annoying... I cannot get rid of that

My OS is Windows XP Home Edition (spanish) with service pack 1. Compilation version 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633

Thanks in advanc
Mosh

S

Sharon F

Note: Might be a coincidence or not, but at approximately the same time,
my speakers have gotten this ugly echo distortion on top of every sound
that gets out of my computer. Really annoying... I cannot get rid of
that.

Does the echo seem like a sound effect added to the normal sound? Check the
settings in the mixer for the sound card. You may have accidentally
selected a style that creates this echoing.

Ask a Question