Subweb Permissions Don't Work

Dick

I have created a subweb within my host web, and attempted to apply
permissions to the subweb. I have followed the instructions in
Q301554, and added a user name and password. If I click on let all
users browse, the subweb is wide open to all users. If I click on
authorized users only, then the user name and password apply
themselves to the host web!! Starting to drive me crazy.

Stefan B Rusynko

1) make sure you have the subweb open in FP when setting permissions (not the root web)

2) verify w/ your host they support unique permissions

http://www.frontpagemvps.com/FrontPageNewsGroups/tabid/53/Default.aspx

"Dick" <LeadWinger> wrote in message |I have created a subweb within my host web, and attempted to apply
| permissions to the subweb. I have followed the instructions in
| Q301554, and added a user name and password. If I click on let all
| users browse, the subweb is wide open to all users. If I click on
| authorized users only, then the user name and password apply
| themselves to the host web!! Starting to drive me crazy.

Dick

Yes, I definitely have the subweb open, and I have verified with my
host that they support unique permissions.

Dick