Submit failure after moving from XP to 2003 Server

Richard Lewis Haggard

Short problem description: Can't submit a form.

Long problem description: I used to host my web on a Windows XP Pro machine.
Recently, I installed Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on that machine. I did
not reformat the hard disk, etc, just installed the new operating system on
top of the old one. XP is gone.

My web design is done on another machine, also XP Pro, running FrontPage
2003. Although the web site information was still resident on the server, I
republished everything unconditionally from my development machine. Since my
FrontPage development environment had no problem doing this, I'm going to
assume that I accidentally set FrontPage Server Extensions up correctly.

Access to the web site seemed to work with the exception of the Submit
Feedback Form. Originally, this form saved the results in
_private\inforeq.txt and emailed the form. Now it fails to work.

When a user attempts to submit feedback, he initially gets a
username/password dialog box. If he does not submit a valid
username/password, he sees 'you are not authorized to view this page' in his
web viewer. On the other hand, if he does supply credentials, he still gets
an error page. This one says, "Cannot run the FrontPage Server Extensions on
this page: http://www.haggard-and-associates.com/feedback.htm".

My first thought was the problem was in sending of the email (I know less
about setting up SMTP than I do FrontPage, which for sure is darned little)
so I removed the email component to the problem. No change in behavior.

So, please, take pity on a poor ignorant programmer and tell me what foolish
thing I've done to break my web and, more importantly, how it may be
repaired.

Stefan B Rusynko

Try resettting your form properties
(right click - Form Properties Options)
- I do not see any seting in the form webbot (save result location, etc)
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" s-builtin-fields="REMOTE_NAME Date Time" startspan S-Label-Fields="TRUE" B-Reverse-Chronology="FALSE"
B-Email-Label-Fields="TRUE" S-Date-Format="%d %b %Y" S-Time-Format="%H:%M:%S" -->