    like that which is preventing me from reformating.any
    help would be appreciated so i can reformat hard drive.
    thx

    Don, Jan 19, 2004

  2. Don

    Josh Guest

    before reformatting try repartitioning the drive first.
    Delete the current partition and recreate it. Then see if
    the format will work.

    Josh, Jan 19, 2004

  3. Don

    purplehaz Guest

    *Warning - you will lose all data*

    Boot to the xp cd and follow the on-screen instructions. The cd is bootable
    and has all the tools to format and install.

    Or,

    Boot to a win9x floppy boot disk, run Fdisk, delete partitions, create new
    partitions, reboot to boot disk again, run format, (or reboot to xp cd,
    format, install xp). Get boot disk here: www.bootdisk.com

    purplehaz, Jan 19, 2004