Strong Cheese

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately that link won't work as we'd need to be logged in to your gmail account to see it ;) If it's an image, you should be able to save/upload the attachment to here :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ahhh... it's a wmv file. How can I paste that?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
If you received it "the usual way" - i.e. one of your buddies sent it to you as an email attachment - then it's very likely that it's available in Brazillion sites around the net.

What is the name of that wmv file?

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Right. Et... voilà!

happywave.gif

Reaction score
I was just thinking that was a horrible advert then lo and behold.......Survivor.lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hahaha, good one :D

Thanks nivrip & Urmas :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad world :D

I used to love really strong cheese, cheddar mostly, 'specially that stuff that had sort of crystals in it and made the roof of your mouth go funny, a bit like too much Marmite.

But sad to say can't eat it anymore. Oh well.

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
... 'specially that stuff that had sort of crystals in it and made the roof of your mouth go funny...

MEMO TO SELF: buy Appenzeller ASAP

:p

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
cheddar mostly, 'specially that stuff that had sort of crystals in it and made the roof of your mouth go funny, a bit like too much Marmite.

Funnny you should mention that. I had a thing with Cheddar cheese which always gave me a strange sensation in my cheeks. As a kid I assumed that everyone got it but was met with strange looks whenever I mentioned it. Very odd, but it ONLY happened with Cheddar and no other cheese.

Over the years I have met a couple of other people who have had similar feelings with Cheddar so I felt that I was not totally peculiar.

I guess we're all different. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
nivrip said:
Funnny you should mention that. I had a thing with Cheddar cheese which always gave me a strange sensation in my cheeks. As a kid I assumed that everyone got it but was met with strange looks whenever I mentioned it. Very odd, but it ONLY happened with Cheddar and no other cheese.

Over the years I have met a couple of other people who have had similar feelings with Cheddar so I felt that I was not totally peculiar.

I guess we're all different. :)

Well, fwiw, it never happened with any cheddar, even relatively strong cheddar, but the super duper seriously strong stuff does that too me. Or rather, it did.

Reaction score
I think that sensation is a carbo rush....i used to get it when i was young.......a mars bar will do it today though.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Mmmmmm cheese...:D I love it too, all kinds, but the peculiar "thing" I get when I eat it, is heart palpitations! :lol: Really weird and no idea why it happens, but mayonnaise has the same effect (had to give that up completely :( ) But can't resist cheese, so just try to eat moderate amounts :D

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
but the peculiar "thing" I get when I eat it, is heart palpitations!
laughingsmiley.gif
Really weird and no idea why it happens,

It's the tyramine, which is present in reasonably high amounts in cheese, which triggers palpitations.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Tyramine can also cause insomnia, brain overactivity,sweating, and is the reason that cheese, pickled fish and chocolate have a reputation for causing nightmares. (You don't have to eat all three of them together. :D )[/font]

Ask a Question