Strategies For Using Forms

Reaction score
Hallo everybody,

I'd like to ask you for a generall advice on how to solve this matter.

I have sugessted in my company that we should receive our "incident report emails" as a Outlook form, or at least as an normal IPM.Note with some custom properties to accelerate the pre-processing in our shared mail box. These E-mails come from workers of our company and we all work under Outlook 2003 and Exchange Server.

I'm thinking on a Message form with just a couple of ComboBoxes and TextBoxes, not more.. So far, it's ok.

The problem is that if it seems to be helpfull, i'd have to provide this form to lot of workers on different buildings and i find really difficult this task.

Ok, i could publish my form to the company form library but it's really annoying to get to open a published form with Outlook to those who want to use it. I could provide a Macro to every client to reach this form with just a click but macros are also difficult to distribute and i still don't know the mind of my IT team. So for me is discard the thing with the macros.

So, i'm lost in this issue and now i think that a COM Add-In could be an alternative because the IT team could make it installed automatically on the computers that they want (i guess). With this approach the COM Add-In could be just a formular und after filling the controls the mail would be sent as a normal IPM.Note.

Am I thinking reasonabilly or just out of my mind? I'have never programmed a COM Add-In but i don't see another alternative !!!

So, thanks in advance.

Ask a Question