Strange IE problem-15, 30 secs delay only on fresh start

G

There is a 15 seconds delay ONLY when I begin by clicking the Internet Explorer icon on my desktop. ALso there is a 30 seconds delay when I try to view images, such as jpg photos, through IE. But for the internet, once a browser is opened, everything is normal and fast. For links that opens a fresh IE window, the speed is instantaneous.

I have just purchase this new NEC LP500/9 laptop. It is a Pentium M 1.5, with 256mb, 60GB. It has a Japanese version of XP Home Japanese OS. Since I don't understand any Japanese, I just go to english microsoft site to perform upgrade. The upgrade asked me to delete the current language version of IE (the japanese one) and install a new one which was offered from the site. I did that. I am wondering if that is the cause? Internet connection is definitely not the problem. I don't believe virus or worm is the problem because I have run many scans. What can I do to correct this problem?

G

Thank you Rajesh,

That makes sense to me now. I have tried your suggestion. But the problem now is that even I have remove the IE from the add/remove from the control panel, I can't install the Japanese IE6. It is telling me that I already have a newer version and updates(something like that). Is there a way to totally remove the current IE with all the updates I have done. Then start from installing a fresh copy of the Japanese IE?

Having a Japanese laptop is a good bargin but not knowing the launguage of the OS is a big problem!

Trevor

Ask a Question