Strange error prompt appearing (virus?)

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have a new PC. Freshly installed about 2 weeks ago and working away fine until last night when the error box below popped up. It now pops up every time it's closed.

Operating System: Windows 2000 Pro
Anti Virus Software: Clamwin Free
Anti Spyware Software: None
How do you connect to the net: ADSL
Your Computer Specifications: 2 3GB processors, 1GB RAM.

This is a screenie of the error. Any advice welcome.

error.jpg

Rick

Reaction score
Ouch I don't have a clue. Until some experts reads your post, I suggest you try to move it down from screen ( so you only can see the one tiny part of it ) and then you should be able to do all on comp.

Wait! I remembered lol, screw this above.
go to start>run>msconfig>startup tab and then you will see all programmes and applications and whatever that starts up when your computer does. You will uncheck if you see anything that seems strange, or just write here the list of those programmes and we will choose what's to close.

In a case that this didn't work, I ask you, have you tried restarting your system? Maybe, you got a batch file virus somewhere with msgbox in it which is put in your startup...

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. I'm currently at work, but I'll give it a try this evening.

I tried rebooting. My router knackers up every now and then so I figured it'd just be something like that, but it seems a bit more sinister.

Ask a Question