stop security center warnings

• Thread starter Gordon J. Rattray
  • Start date
G

Gordon J. Rattray

Hey there,

I set up Steady State on an XP Home machine and it always comes up with the "your computer might be at risk" anti-virus program not installed warning.

This is a "limited" account so there's no option for Steady State to "save" it.

When I set up this account, it was an admin account so I could make all the changes necessary to harden it up. Then when I changed it to "limited" the security center warning keeps coming up.

Is there anything in the registry to permanently keep the security center warning OFF?

Thanks,

Gordon

P

PA Bear [MS MVP]

How have you determined that the computer is not at risk?

You'll find support for SteadyState in this forum: http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/windowssteadystate/threads/
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002

Hey there,

I set up Steady State on an XP Home machine and it always comes up with the "your computer might be at risk" anti-virus program not installed warning.

When I set up this account, it was an admin account so I could make all the changes necessary to harden it up. Then when I changed it to "limited" the security center warning keeps coming up.

Is there anything in the registry to permanently keep the security center warning OFF?

Thanks,

Gordon

M

Mark Adams

Gordon J. Rattray said:
Hey there,

Thanks,

Yes, go into Control Panel then Security Center and "Change the way Security
Center notifies me". Set to the "off" setting. The red shield and the warning
baloon should no longer pop up in the system tray.

Ask a Question