Stop motion 11 month engine rebuild..Cool!

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That was pretty cool. It took me back to a time when we were first married... having parts of a car engine stripped-down, on the kitchen table! Lol :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What motor was that then? Could've been a Spitfire from the glimpses shown.

I first thought it was a BMC engine, from a Morris 1000 or something, they were usually painted green. Maybe it was, did BMC supply engines for the Triumph Spitfire? I dunno.

There's something very likeable about a newly built, clean, engine, I've done a few myself way back in the mists of time.

By coincidence, on Saturday I found out that a company named Tiplers closed a few years ago. Tiplers done all things engine, like head skimming, re-boring, sand-blasting and lots of other things. They were good, and had been established down the Old Kent Road since before I was born. I've had a few engine heads skimmed there, including a sidevalve.

They closed, apparently, as the original owner retired and he couldn't find anybody to take over or purchase the business. He hung on til he was in his seventies and was restoring an E-Type Jaguar. Once the Jag was completed, he retired and sold the business premises.

I have an address of a company in East Dulwich that's supposed to supply a similar service but there will never be another Tiplers. The reason I need such a service, btw, is I want an audio turntable platter restored to as-new condition.

Ask a Question