Stop: c000026c (unable to load device driver)

G

My primary system hard drive has crashed. I had tried everything, and have been here several times. I thank all of you tried to help me

Maxtor has sent me a new drive to swap out. I have attempted to load win2k pro several times. It just stopped during the process several times, and seems to hang up. How can this be

The final time I tried to load it, I got a blue screen with the message below

" STOP: c000026c {unable to load device driver
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Kbdclass.SYS device driver could
not be loade
Error Status was 0xc000012f

How can there be a device driver prloblem when I'm working from original win2k pro CD
There are only five devices connected to the system, and they are floppy, cd player/burner, dvd player, keyboard and mouse

I'm still working on it, but could use some help/direction. If anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it

Lou

T

Tritium

Lou said:
My primary system hard drive has crashed. I had tried everything, and have been here several times. I thank all of you tried to help me.

Maxtor has sent me a new drive to swap out. I have attempted to load win2k pro several times. It just stopped during the process several times, and seems to hang up. How can this be?

The final time I tried to load it, I got a blue screen with the message below.

" STOP: c000026c {unable to load device driver}
\SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\Kbdclass.SYS device driver could
not be loaded
Error Status was 0xc000012f "

How can there be a device driver prloblem when I'm working from original win2k pro CD?
There are only five devices connected to the system, and they are floppy, cd player/burner, dvd player, keyboard and mouse.

I'm still working on it, but could use some help/direction. If anyone can help me, I would very much appreciate it.

Lou

Looking at the obvious, there is a problem with the keyboard
and/or keyboard driver. The first thing to do is to check that
the keyboard and mouse are in their proper places. (And, BTW,
what type of keyboard is it --- PS/2 or USB?) Second, during
the initial setup, verify that the devices had been identified
correctly by name for this will install the proper drivers for
them. If this does not solve things, re-post.

Ask a Question