Still Image Services

G

I discovered that my Canon 8400 scanner (USB) was unable to communicate with
the computer (IBM Thinkpad). In talking to Canon technical support I
discovered the the Still Image Service (stisvc) was not listed/missing for
the list of services in the Computer Management. I had some other issues that
used to uninstall a Kodak Web Cam and I am wondering if I might have
removed/deleted some required files for Still Image Services.

What are the necessary files to run Still Image Services and how can I
reinstall or find them?

Reaction score
I have the exact same problem. I think that I must have deleted the still image services accidentally. I am a senior and very frustrated. My canon A460 powershot was communicating with pc and I uninstalled it and installed it back again. Now I am having major problems. Cannot get my camera to communicate with my pc. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP! Tell us how we can reinstall this program, where to find it on the internet and how to download it to our pc again.

Thanks sooooo very much
God bless you
savonlove14

Reaction score
I Found The Answer!

After hours on the computer, searching and getting overwhelmed, I found the answer and now my camera is working properly, connecting to my pc and downloading pictures again. As I stated I accidentally deleted the still image service and sent it to the recycle bin and deleted the bin.

I found this Freeware called, PC INSPECTOR FILE RECOVERY. I have absolutely no knowledge of the computer , just learning. I downloaded this program and guess what! The still image services is back in it's proper place in the System Services and everything is working again. "Thank God" Believe me if I could do it I know you can. Other freeware that I found that works and you don't have to pay a dime are RESTORATION, UNDELETE PLUS AND FREE UNDELETE.

gOOD lUCK
GOD BLESS YOU!

Ask a Question