Steam Summer Sale

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ok, first up sorry i've not been round much lately, i've been massively busy, then on holiday and have some RL things taking up a lot of my time at the mo.... :)

Anyway, Whos been keeping an eye on this?

http://store.steampowered.com/

Then there's the prize thing...

http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/

...Which i'm not too bothered about tbh...

Some good bargains yet? I missed some of it whist i was away... :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Go anywhere nice on hol? :)

I've had a quick look at the steam sale, but nothing has stood out for me as I've got BioShock 2, COD4, HL2 etc...

The Valve complete pack looks like a great deal if you don't have HL2/L4D and like that sort of thing :).

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Since moving my Steam folder to a different hard drive I've been prompted to enter a code they send me three times now to log in as they tell me I have a new computer :mad:

Not impressed, Steam.

Anyhow, Secret Of Monkey island for £3.49 is good if you like that sort of thing but I already have it, I paid £7 for it. Nothing else there that I don't already have that appeals to me but thanks for the reminder to take a look :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
btw Steam are offering NFS Shift 2 - Unleashed for £18. It's only £13 for hard copy, post free, on Amazon and Play.com

And whilst on the subject of Play.com and I'm in moaning mode I don't think I mentioned this but I may have. I ordered the Witcher 2 enhanced edition from Play.com for £24.99 and it was shown as in stock. Three days later I checked Play.com and my order was shown as 'Awaiting stock' and they didn't even inform me so I cancelled the order.

Amazon have the enhanced edition for the same price but without a game perk that Play.com were offering.

But, since then, I've decided to finish The Witcher One first and by that time Witcher 2 will probably have decreased in price.

And by way of waffle, just found a .dll file and savegame for GTA IV that means you can play without having to log in to Games For Windows Live and the savegame is a genuine completed game played outside of GFWL which means I can go free roaming and get up to whatever mischief I like.

And I can still play and save the missions within the game. Coolio :dance:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
A few good 'uns today, Lara Croft Guardian of Light for only £2.49 http://store.steampowered.com/app/35130/

If you're not a Tomb Raider series fan don't be put off, the gameplay is different, more akin to Command & Conquer than an fps.

I completed this a couple of months ago and can recommend it, one of the best games I've played recently. Labbats from BBF thanked me for putting him on to this one. It's quite hard in places, even on easy level, but if I managed it then I'm sure most peeps can ;)

For the price definitely worth a crack.

Plus Red Alert 3 for £3.00 and Quake for £1.49. Quake plays fine in Win 7 within Steam btw and it's also greatly improved by adding the non-official customised Quake Patch for Steam version that's out there.

Plus Street Fighter 4 for a tenner if you're into that kind of thing.

Reaction score
I bought the id software pack for £17, probably shouldn't havet.

Doom 3 isn't particularly good, and I have no real inclination to play every doom/quake/wolfenstein 3D etc game. Probably not the wisest investment.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Bought four Lara Croft games including Guardian of Light which I am in the middle of and bring chased by a big fish. :lol:

Could kick meeself. Looked at the Mass Effect pack for £14 ish and went to read some reviews, got waylaid on the net and when I went back to look at the pack it had jumped in price to £29. :cry:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I was umming and ahhing about buying Amnesia, Worms Reloaded and Mass Effect 2 as they were all in the sale and whilst I was trying to make my mind up the sale for those three ended :(

They don't do the 24 hour sale time on a UK clock, probably a US clock, so the sale ends at odd times to those of us who are Brits.

PotGuy: I didn't think much of Doom 3 either though I did play it right the way through but I'm currently playing Doom II on the Xbox 360 and I'm enjoying that a lot.

And Quake 1 & 2 plus expansions are all good, but be sure to find that unofficial patch, I think there's a link on the Steam Forums.

Yesterday evening, a little tipsy, I spied a pair of games that were very old style rpg, claiming to be a parody of that style. They're called 'Breath Of Death VII' & 'Cthulhu Saves The World' for only £1.79 so I bought them. Imo - don't bother, they is rubbish.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me, I was umming and ahhing about buying Amnesia, Worms Reloaded and Mass Effect 2 as they were all in the sale and whilst I was trying to make my mind up the sale for those three ended :(

Mass effect 2 is epic, i'd buy that even if it wasnt in the sale flops!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
They don't do the 24 hour sale time on a UK clock, probably a US clock, so the sale ends at odd times to those of us who are Brits.
Yeah you got to watch that, its 6pm to 6pm for us as it goes on US time, PST i think?

Amnesia, is well worth it if you see it for cheap, great game and scary as hell in places! :D

I got a few games, the Quake pack, Witcher 2, Terraria, both Fallouts, and a few others i think, should keep me going during the winter.

Ask a Question