Steam Sale Dates Leaked.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Bit late here but hey ho.

Steam Halloween Sale: October 26, 2017 - November 1, 2017 - On now!

Steam Autumn Sale: November 22, 2017 - November 28, 2017

Steam Winter Sale: December 21, 2017 - January 4, 2018

http://store.steampowered.com/

Noting really jumps out on me mind you....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Just firing up Steam for a look now :).

Have you heard much about the new "Bomber Crew" game? It sounds a little similar to FTL, which I loved!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
New prices:

Bayonetta - £10.04
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with both DLC's - £13.99
Planet Coaster - £16.49
Grim Dawn - £6.79
Victor Vran - £3.99
Full Throttle Remastered - £7.36
Grim Fandango Remastered - £2.74

I have all of those but paid more than the prices shown here for them :mad: I am reminded of why I wait for the price of a game to drop and don't buy a game on its release date.

I'm enjoying all of the above apart from Planet Coaster (it's kind of a successor to Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 where you build theme parks with rides you can ride on) which I'm finding quite difficult and frustrating to build things in.

I did pick up SOMA on GOG yesterday for £5.69 which is in the Steam sale for £5.74 which I'm finding enjoyable, it normally goes for £20.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Christmas sale start today. I assume it will be much the same as any other steam sale though. Gone are the days of epic deals etc. :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not even going to look (unless a stonking deal appears in the bargain forum) - as I've got too many games still to play. I did end up buying Just Cause 3 in the last sale, as it was super cheap and loads of fun - but other than that, there isn't much that interests me at the moment.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just bought the re-mastered version of Bulletstorm with the Duke Nukem character mod for £12.22, it's been for sale at £30 (+ £4.73 for the Duke Nukem mod) for a long time now and I wasn't going to pay that much for a game I'd previously purchased.

I still have the hard disk of the original game in its case but it won't run on Windows 10. Probably because it was originally released as a 'Games For Windows Live' which as we know Microsoft ditched after a few years. Thank you Microsoft.

Bulletstorm is a good fps game so I thought I'd like to play that through again.

On the same note I bought Fable III in Steam some time ago which is another 'Games For Windows Live' release and it worked ok in Win 7 but won't work in Windows 10.

Whichever is to blame - GFWL or Win 10 - it's still down to Microsoft and let's not forget my Xbox 1 copy of Gears For war 4 won't now work in Win 10. I'm definitely not impressed with Microsoft :mad:

Finally, yesterday evening my network wireless printer stopped working. I had to fetch it from another room, connect with a usb cable, uninstall it then re-install with new drivers which (eventually) got it working wirelessly.

It's a Brother printer and I downloaded the new drivers from their website where they stated that my printer wouldn't now work with Win 10 following one of Microsoft's compulsory updates. Thank you Microsoft, thank you.

Ask a Question