Steam Sales 24th June - 4th July + 24hrs deals - Selection of games upto 85% off

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Apart from these 24hr deals, almost every publisher (Ubisoft, Atart, THQ etc) are having sales starting today and running through to July 4th so just visit the Steam store now and browse away!

In the run up to America's Indepdendance Day on July 4th, Steam are doing 24hrs deals once again! Day 1 is as follows...

2wci7w4.jpg

I'd link to each one but that would take too long so just visit this instead...

http://store.steampowered.com

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Anything take your fancy on that list, V_R? You're the gaming guru here, so if you spot any "must haves" do let us know ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Theres a few tbh, so much more on the Steam site, i'd go straight there and have a browse, I'd guess there is something for everybody with what they are selling cheap.

But heres a few i'd spotted with a quick look... :D

Dirt 2 @ 7.50 is a must if you not got it and enjoy racing games imo. :)

Bioshock 2 for a tenner anyone? (4 pack for £30)

Call of Duty Collection for 22 quid is a must if you haven't played the older ones, (not MW2) If there is anyone out there that aint!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
From the list published in this thread I'd say Bioshock 2 for a tenner is a goodie and the Overlord pack for £3.75 is a must have imo. I've been playing Overlord II on the Xbox and have been thoroughly enjoying it. It's not the most groundbreaking of games but it is fun to play, which I suppose should be the main criteria.

I would buy Dirt 2 but unfortunately for me I only have a debit card, no credit cards, so the only way I can purchase from Steam is by Paypal and my Paypal balance is zero atm. And it takes about a week and a half for funds to reach Paypal from one of my bank accounts.

That Unreal Pack: a hard copy can be had for much the same price in GAME stores which is possibly a better option than a Steam download and is definitely worth the money. The upgraded Unreal pack runs just fine in Win 7 and Vista.

Reaction score
Isnt your paypal account linked with your bank?

Mine is and its direct transfer via paypal then!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Isnt your paypal account linked with your bank?

Mine is and its direct transfer via paypal then!

I've often wondered about that, Paypal, to me, is not the best thing since sliced bread nor easy to understand. Perhaps I'll just try it, quite fancy Dirt 2.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Go for it Mr Flopp's it should just come out of your account if you have an account linked to paypal, you don't need to have funds in there..Your Paypal account I mean!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Oh yeah, Grid for £3 is a good one too. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Not had time to keep this up to date up, but this is today, until about 6pm tomorrow.

GTA 4 for a fiver again, and TF2 for less than a fiver is a steal. :)

2qx6t7k.jpg

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I is too late, Dirt 2 is now £10.19, no longer £7.50. Bugger.

Was just about to buy it but won't, now, on principle.

Who muttered 'tightwad' back there? ;)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
So, sales now over. Who got what?

Me, i spent too much lol

Now just gotta find time to play them, My ISP will be happy, i DL'ed ~25gb yesterday! lol

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Not a thing.

I've been disappointed with and wasted money on Batman Arkham Asylum, Battlefield Bad Company 2 and Metro 2033.

When I play a game I want to enjoy it, not be whacked round the head with it. I don't mind a challenge but gameplay that is ultra difficult is not for me.

Tonight, oddly enough, I've been playing some old stuff, Diablo II, Devastation and the first Quake.

And I've just reinstalled Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV on the XP machine with a view to playing it through again as a different character and doing all the side missions and expansion packs. And probably the mods as well.

And, of course, I'm enjoying lots on the Xbox 360.

Seems to me the more advanced 'Games For Windows' has become, the more they pox me off and I just don't enjoy them. I even bought Braid on Steam for a ridiculously cheap price, about £1.50, but it's just too bloody hard for me.

Call me old, call me stupid, don't care. I know what I like and current faves on PC are CoD4 online and, er, well, that's about it really, apart from old games.

Both Bioshocks were great, btw, liked those.